User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Match Burial v Spuds (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i like Chambers, he's an Arsenal man and a very good utility player, plus under Emery he showed real spirit and tried to get the team attacking more when playing as RWB

I'd keep him but I agree on the others, Holding isn't living up to early promise and we could get a good price for Bellerin i think which would be handy.
    Chambers does have a tendency to lose concentration sometimes, he's got the attributes to be really good but for some reason he's not progressed to the level we were hoping for. No doubt injuries and a lack of playing time hasn't helped.
    I wouldn't miss Bellerin one bit and we should take the money if a good offer comes in for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don’t have much time for Kroenke but he has invested the money when it’s been called for, why should they keep on giving more when they don’t see a return? They pulled 50m out of their arse to land Partey and have spent a sizeable amount in summers gone by. Where they’ve failed is employing useless people to run the footballing side of the club.

We can keep spending money and rebuilding but the foundations of the club are rotten to the core. So whatever we try to build will inevitably collapse.
    Kroenke is a billionaire but I doubt he has invested a single penny of his own money in us. Arsenal FC is just another franchise for his portfolio, he has zero interest in us and will personally invest zero money in us. What we need to do is make sure we get full value from our player sales which have been absolutely awful over the last 15 years or so. This will obviously help swell our transfer budget produced by club profit alone.
    Last edited by WGC Goon; 08-12-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Thankfully brighton lost so we are still 15th.

Lose to burnley and arteta time should be up
    Fuck! How the mighty have fallen. We are checking Brighton's result and glad to still be in 15th place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone that bothered anymore about losing to the spuds? Remember when you had to pull a sickie and stay out of the pub for maybe days when the results went the wrong way?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm bothered when you know that losing is inevitable once you see the team sheet, plus when spuds basically sit back and watch us be hopeless for the entire second half

it's only because they're a Maureen team that they didn't go after another 2-3 goals in the second half

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I'm bothered when you know that losing is inevitable once you see the team sheet, plus when spuds basically sit back and watch us be hopeless for the entire second half

it's only because they're a Maureen team that they didn't go after another 2-3 goals in the second half
    That was us dominating.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Is anyone that bothered anymore about losing to the spuds? Remember when you had to pull a sickie and stay out of the pub for maybe days when the results went the wrong way?
    Not that bothered. Partly because it was so clear we were going to lose, partly because I'm just not as bothered by it all as I was.
    Football isn't the sport I grew up with and Arsenal aren't the club I grew up with.
    All a bit sad really.