Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Burial v Spuds (away).

Down in 15th.

-4 GD. No goals again.

Utterly hopeless.

There is no way it can continue for Arteta, no matter what future the board may think he has as a manager. Being anywhere close to a relegation fight just cannot be allowed to continue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And we still have the Christmas schedule to come

This result won't change much. We need to pick up the 40 points from the teams around us, not teams who didn't have to turn up to beat us. When do we next play Sheffield?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 defeats from 11 games. Still can’t score goals or create chances, it is utterly hopeless. We are legitimately one of the worst teams in the league.

He will have to be sacked soon enough. If you extrapolate this form over the season we will likely only just be avoiding relegation and that’s only because there are a few teams worse than us.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    And we still have the Christmas schedule to come

This result won't change much. We need to pick up the 40 points from the teams around us, not teams who didn't have to turn up to beat us. When do we next play Sheffield?
    We have Burnley next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Down in 15th.

-4 GD. No goals again.

Utterly hopeless.

There is no way it can continue for Arteta, no matter what future the board may think he has as a manager. Being anywhere close to a relegation fight just cannot be allowed to continue.
    if brighton win tomorrow we drop to 16th. 10 games in that is unacceptable. we had all that possession in the 2nd half and Lloris made one decent save. At least with a new manager you get a win bounce so move us clear or relegation. we have won more games in the Europa this season than the league.

we have a relegation 6 pointer with Burnley next then Southampton. So hopefully we can pull clear of the relegation positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so much for that - so pleased I didn't watch - I just checked the score 2 or 3 times

given how glad he was to 'only' lose 1-0 at Citeh, Arteta probably thinks this is a similarly good result

what happened in the second half? were spuds too busy falling about laughing to get any more goals?

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    so much for that - so pleased I didn't watch - I just checked the score 2 or 3 times

given how glad he was to 'only' lose 1-0 at Citeh, Arteta probably thinks this is a similarly good result

what happened in the second half? were spuds too busy falling about laughing to get any more goals?
    We did play fairly decent football up to the point where we shunt it out wide and keep chucking it in the mixer.

Can't be a coincidence we have one of Moyes' former coaches and of course players on the bench. Although even Moyes isn't that bad now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Didn’t watch either but from what I’ve heard Spurs didn’t really bother second half and didn’t really need to. Remember how we used to switch to autopilot when we were a lot better than the opposition and had already won the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s that kind of performance which worries me and makes me think this Spud team with a happy Mourinho in charge could actually get close to the title.