User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit - would you change your 2016 vote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Even if they want a replacement, we should have stayed with Erasmus until the replacement was worked out.
    That’s a fair argument but a different one to original point.

Although it seems that any 2021 Erasmus place agreed before 31st December is still valid, new applications close on 1dt jan. assuming the new scheme is up and running by 2022, guess you could say we did stay with Erasmus until replacement scheme starts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good job? Frictionless trade with the EU by following existing EU rules which we already did before Brexit, the difference being that we no longer have the right of veto over new rules. In what way is that a good job?
    He’s avoided the cliff edge of a no deal Brexit.
    Like you, I’d rather he’d done that by us staying in the EU, but given that “the people” voted to leave because of a combination of stupidity, ignorance and racism, the deal seems like a reasonable way of ensuring the transition is fairly painless in the short term.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He’s avoided the cliff edge of a no deal Brexit.
    Like you, I’d rather he’d done that by us staying in the EU, but given that “the people” voted to leave because of a combination of stupidity, ignorance and racism, the deal seems like a reasonable way of ensuring the transition is fairly painless in the short term.
    No deal was never on the cards. That was bluff. Although some Tories would be playing the offshore and shorting trick, they would have known that the repercussions of a no deal would be so disastrous over the next few years that they would be out of office for a decade or more.

(I wonder if France stopping the channel crossings 'due to covid' was also a reminder of what no deal would mean in reality. )

As it is, I don't understand why there is not a 6-month transition period to allow businesses to sort things out for the new procedures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No deal was never on the cards. That was bluff. Although some Tories would be playing the offshore and shorting trick, they would have known that the repercussions of a no deal would be so disastrous over the next few years that they would be out of office for a decade or more.

(I wonder if France stopping the channel crossings 'due to covid' was also a reminder of what no deal would mean in reality. )

As it is, I don't understand why there is not a 6-month transition period to allow businesses to sort things out for the new procedures.
    I doubt six months would be agreed but what i don’t understand is that why both sides havent agreed to a short extension, say 3 months, so that all parties (i.e parliament here & the EU parliament) can actually review the deal in detail rather than rushing it through in one day.

The brexiteers complained that the withdrawal agreements as rushed through with bits they didnt like (despite them 1. Voting for it & 2. Voting last year to rush it through ) so lets take that argument out of the equation and allow time to review.

It would be almost certain the deal would pass as it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not all lost in respect of Erasmus. The Irish government said it will fund all third level pupils studying at colleges in the north of Ireland.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no sympathy. He was warned.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I have no sympathy. He was warned.
    I have a bit. He was also lied to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By known liars.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.