User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Brexit - would you change your 2016 vote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Gotta say, they do seem to be acting like dicks.
    Although obviously if we were in the EU they wouldn’t be acting like this towards us though.
    we're a 3rd country.
    We voted for this.

Well, not me...
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    we're a 3rd country.
    We voted for this.

Well, not me...
    Us voting to leave has nothing to do with the balls up the EU have made in their vaccine scheme.

Them imposing a hard border in Ireland is a consequence of course but given their decision tonight, they have managed something quite remarkable which is to make the UK Government, Irish Government, DUP, Sein Fein, Tories & labour all agree on the same thing.

But going back to the third country you mention, this has allowed us to buy vaccines quickly unlike the EU. So do you think they now have the right to demand our supplies etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    So the EU have now triggered Article 16 of the NI Prtotocal which effectively puts a hard border between Ireland & Northern Ireland following their ban on vaccine exports.

Seems to imply that UK vaccines bound for Norther Ireland are also banned but i might have misread that.

Also today the EU have been attacking the UK over the EUs failure to actually vaccinate their own people. They spent too long trying to haggle over price rather then actually buying the bloody things.

Basically this week the EU have shown themselves to be exactly what Breixteers always claimed. Probably a good thing there isn’t a second referendum this year, leave would be winning by a mile due to the antics of the EU this week
    Just use the army to transport whatever across the border then. You think a bunch of frogs or hun will do anything? If the army crosses the border against their limp dick "rules" then that's an invasion. We might even get a stiffly worded letter and some adverse coverage in the press. Heavens preserves us! It's all bluster. Fuck them. We could invade and transform their entire societies while they were still in committee meetings. Fucking Europeans, eh? Just as they always were.

The EU is on the way out and they know it. Hence the last gasps. Poland , Italy, Greece and then more - wait and watch.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the EU have confirmed they aren’t triggering Article 16 and that it was an oversight.

An oversight is forgetting to order milk in the online shop not enacting a fucking border between the Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland.

If this was the UK who did that, the pressure ofBoris to resign would be immense. As its the EU, no one will take any responsibility but really those at the top should be resigning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theoretically (if Brexit was real) we don't need to care what those cunts think or do. Leave them to it. I'm just glad we haven't afforded official diplomatic status to their cunt of an ambassador, last time I checked anyway. Even our mob aren't that stupid, because everyone knows the EU is not designed to be a superstate (with all the diplomatic privileges it brings).

Isn't that right?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Theoretically (if Brexit was real) we don't need to care what those cunts think or do. Leave them to it. I'm just glad we haven't afforded official diplomatic status to their cunt of an ambassador, last time I checked anyway. Even our mob aren't that stupid, because everyone knows the EU is not designed to be a superstate (with all the diplomatic privileges it brings).

Isn't that right?
    I hesitate to ask but how is brexit not real? We are no longer part of the European Union

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I hesitate to ask but how is brexit not real? We are no longer part of the European Union
    There's reams of EU law still on our books. None of it has been removed. Remember how "harmonisation" was used as an excuse to increase tax on taxed earnings to 20%? When's that going back down, now we aren't in "harmony" any more?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    There's reams of EU law still on our books. None of it has been removed. Remember how "harmonisation" was used as an excuse to increase tax on taxed earnings to 20%? When's that going back down, now we aren't in "harmony" any more?
    Of course there is, we have been in the EU since it's existence. This isn't a computer game where you can just reset laws at the drop of a hat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Of course there is, we have been in the EU since it's existence. This isn't a computer game where you can just reset laws at the drop of a hat.
    Really? I thought it was, having just watched law being created out of thin air and spun up within hours or days.
    Für eure Sicherheit