User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit - would you change your 2016 vote

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    But at least the fish are British now and therefore happier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    But at least the fish are British now and therefore happier.
    Just by being in British waters, that makes the fish British too!

I assume that applies to people as well?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just by being in British waters, that makes the fish British too!

I assume that applies to people as well?
    You found the race angle. Impressive. Just goes to show, practise makes perfect.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also. Blocking central London streets

That's just shellfish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always focusing on the small picture, so your brain can cope.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Always focusing on the small picture, so your brain can cope.
    Isn't the small picture a fair enough thing to focus on?

People are interested in how this will effect their lives. To me personally, Brexit brings nothing but negatives.

Maybe it brings positives to others' lives, but people are going to complain about things that have an effect on their day-to-day existence like music tours and the prices of shirts as well, and that's perfectly reasonable to me.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Isn't the small picture a fair enough thing to focus on?

People are interested in how this will effect their lives. To me personally, Brexit brings nothing but negatives.

Maybe it brings positives to others' lives, but people are going to complain about things that have an effect on their day-to-day existence like music tours and the prices of shirts as well, and that's perfectly reasonable to me.
    These remoaners are in the middle of this covid chaos that spans the entire continent but they are still peering out their windows every day to try to spot a queue of trucks. So they can make some point about Brexit being a disaster, and then pretend they are concerned about those truck drivers. I'm not criticising the individual winners or losers from this, I'm talking about the morons who would complain about dirty silverware in the last moments of the Titanic.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this article being shared yesterday on twitter https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/healt...rexit-19672792

Things like this do not help the EU in my opinion. I do not see any reason why countries cannot stockpile certain drugs while awaiting approval for use. Surely it just means they are ready to go as soon as approval comes in rather than waiting a few extra days.

The article also have one interesting quote
    Ireland has been barred from ordering doses of the Oxford coronavirus vaccine in an apparent EU bid to pay the UK back for Brexit.
    I’m not sure what Ireland having the oxford vaccine does that would help the UK, as i dont think we make money from it given its being sold at cost price to people.

The only way the UK will benefit from countries in the EU having the vaccine is that it will open up travel etc but then again, that also benefits the EU.

Ignoring for a moment whether this is about brexit or not, the trap the EU falls into often is trying to manage things they shouldnt. In a pandemic where speed is of the essence, i think national governments should be making the decisions over what vaccines to use & how they order them. No issues with the EU using their might to bulk buy at lower prices and issue regulatory approval for all nations within the EU but apart from that, they should leave the nations to administer as they see fit.