I suppose this probably aimed more at leave voters rather than remainers as suspect any who change votes, will be leavers rather than remainers.

If there was a referendum tomorrow, i would probably switch to remain but not because i think the reasons i voted leave in 2016 are wrong, but rather the incompetent idiots who took over have screwed it up so badly.

Personally i still think leaving would be the right thing to do, my concerns in 2016 were that the EU was becoming to big, wanted to be a United States of Europe etc which Junker previously said was his aim. I dont think that is the right thing to be a part of.

That’s not to say the EU is a bad thing, they have done some good things but i think they are trying to reach too far. The countries forming the EU are too diverse for it to really work in my opinion. Just look at the Euro and how different Germany & Greece are and the problems that created. Factors like an EU army are also a concern, the old question of why does a trading block need an army springs to mind.

There are other reasons where they want to move away from countries having a veto and famously ignored Cameron using his veto in 2012 which is not a good sign.

Of course, these are old arguments given we have heard them for several years now but i think are still reasonably valid. I honestly expected Cameron to stay after the referendum and thought he would have been able to to deliver a reasonable compromise so we could leave. We had heard people like Farage or Carswell praise Norway/Switzerland models so if people had got behind those early on, using their own words against them, the betrayal narrative etc might not have got traction and we could have a reasonable exit agreement.

I dont see any benefits to a WTO deal, and these stupid arguments from people like Rees Mogg or Boris about not compromising are stupid. Every trade deal is a compromise. As David Gauke said yesterday in an interview, if you refuse to compromise in any trade deal then there wont be any deals.

This comes back to the question in the title, would i change my vote. Yes but only because I’ve seen what happened when the idiots took over not because i think the reasons i voted leave in the first place are wrong.