User Tag List

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Panic Buying and Misery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Good news on this and I am surprised he hasn't sat it out, but I guess we would have given him some kind of compensation package.

This is a start, but I suspect the same kind of exits will happen for the likes of Kola (when he officially leaves), Sokaratis, Mustafi & maybe even Torreira.

I don't know how we got into this mess where we have built up a squad of senior players who are now deemed worthless, that's basically the reality of the situation and I don't see any other Prem clubs struggling like this.

Even Spuds are selling their 3rd choice right backs (Walker-Peters) for decent enough fees...we can't get rid of anybody for anything.
    i get the impression the club is dumb enough to think that they can get money for these crap players, just because we ourselves were stupid enough to buy them

personally i've said for ages i'd give away Mustafi, Xhaka, Kola etc just to get them off the books, stop paying them wages and allow the club to move forward instead of having them stinking the place out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a real striker, never realized how limited Auba is, he can only play one way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    We need a real striker, never realized how limited Auba is, he can only play one way.

He's got 78 goals in 129 appearances for us.

I mean, he's having a bad season but he's got 22 league goals in each of the last two seasons in, let's face it, a pretty mediocre Arsenal side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a striker because Lacazette and Nketiah will both be down to their final year by the summer, and Balogun is probably going to walk on a free. Need to cash in on those first two while we still can...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

He's got 78 goals in 129 appearances for us.

I mean, he's having a bad season but he's got 22 league goals in each of the last two seasons in, let's face it, a pretty mediocre Arsenal side.
    Yes he's a goal scorer, but a very limited striker. We need a more complete striker this summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a peak RVP. Man, that cunt was exceptional when he wasn’t on the treatment table. Best striker we’ve had since Henry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i get the impression the club is dumb enough to think that they can get money for these crap players, just because we ourselves were stupid enough to buy them

personally i've said for ages i'd give away Mustafi, Xhaka, Kola etc just to get them off the books, stop paying them wages and allow the club to move forward instead of having them stinking the place out
    Yep, though I’m not gonna lie, I’m warming to Xhaka in his current form! There I said it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can live with Xhaka, as long as we’re still looking to strengthen CM.

But if we strengthen CM then I doubt he’ll want to stay anyway, so that one might resolve itself.

I dunno... he’s a long way from our worst CM, and he does go on these decent runs of form, but I just have an issue with players that need other players alongside them to ‘fill in their blanks’ - you shouldn’t have to use two spots in your starting XI to make one complete player.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 20-01-2021 at 07:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep, though I’m not gonna lie, I’m warming to Xhaka in his current form! There I said it
    it's partly relative, i.e. he's not as bad as he was so people are thiinking 'Xhaka's ok' but he still has that ability to be sent off for something stupid, which will never leave him, plus he's too slow and overall just seems a bit of an a*sehole

i won't feel we've got a team that's genuinely ready to compete until we've got rid of flawed players like him for something better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    We need a striker because Lacazette and Nketiah will both be down to their final year by the summer, and Balogun is probably going to walk on a free. Need to cash in on those first two while we still can...
    we've messed up on Balogun

with Saka last season, we made him feel he'd be part of the future by playing him every week up to the point he signed a new contract (then stopped playing him so much for a while )

but for some reason with Balogun we're doing the opposite and it ain't working

it's a real messup by Arteta and Edu IMO