User Tag List

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Panic Buying and Misery.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter Transfer Panic Buying and Misery.

Well time for this I would say, if we are still in this position or worse come January I imagine we'll throw a truckload at it in January, in panic.

That is, throw a truckload at it then back away from each and every deal when it becomes a little too realistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would rather we just give the game time to the kids. We don’t need anymore expensive middle of the road players on deadweight contracts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Would rather we just give the game time to the kids. We don’t need anymore expensive middle of the road players on deadweight contracts.
    Facts

I just want players sold or just given away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best thing we can do is move Arteta out (hopefully it happens before then), that would be more positive than any transfer because the guy is driving the team into the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    agree with this and also Hobson's comment - we should just focus on slimming down the squad - ship out ****s like mustafi - don't try to get money for them just get rid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Best thing we can do is move Arteta out (hopefully it happens before then), that would be more positive than any transfer because the guy is driving the team into the ground.
    Agreed.

I wouldn't give Arteta a penny more to spend, he and Edu need to be removed first before we think of any further rebuilding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Well time for this I would say, if we are still in this position or worse come January I imagine we'll throw a truckload at it in January, in panic.

That is, throw a truckload at it then back away from each and every deal when it becomes a little too realistic.
    We did the same in 1995 (I think).

It was George Graham's last season before Stewart Houston took temporary charge. We were sliding towards the relegation zone (Like now) and we panicked and bought Chris Kiwomya and John Hartson in the January window.

Mind you, Kiwomya scored a late goal against Forest at Highbury to relieve the pressure and we obviously stayed up and got clear of the trouble.

Relegation survival!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Agreed.

I wouldn't give Arteta a penny more to spend, he and Edu need to be removed first before we think of any further rebuilding.
    Yep - part of our problem has been spunking money unwisely in a desperate attempt to achieve CL football, leading to bizzare, disjointed and unsuccessful senior player recruitment. As Letters says on the other thread, I don't think we will go down, and even with wise heads at the wheel, buying one or two players in ain't going to get us top four this season. The rest of this season should be used to develop our promising youngsters as part of a longer term strategy. 8th; 10th or 15th in the league doesn't make much difference at this stage TBF. Planning properly for the future will.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We desperately need an attacking midfielder, I just really hope it's not someone like Erikson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aouar is the man.

Though I've no idea if he's the man.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.