Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
Good news on this and I am surprised he hasn't sat it out, but I guess we would have given him some kind of compensation package.

This is a start, but I suspect the same kind of exits will happen for the likes of Kola (when he officially leaves), Sokaratis, Mustafi & maybe even Torreira.

I don't know how we got into this mess where we have built up a squad of senior players who are now deemed worthless, that's basically the reality of the situation and I don't see any other Prem clubs struggling like this.

Even Spuds are selling their 3rd choice right backs (Walker-Peters) for decent enough fees...we can't get rid of anybody for anything.
i get the impression the club is dumb enough to think that they can get money for these crap players, just because we ourselves were stupid enough to buy them

personally i've said for ages i'd give away Mustafi, Xhaka, Kola etc just to get them off the books, stop paying them wages and allow the club to move forward instead of having them stinking the place out