User Tag List

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Panic Buying and Misery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    pretty well individually although Nice are struggling - interesting though that they've played him in every match while we keep saying he's 'not ready'...

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/w...hlights-836792
    Thanks for that - really interesting!

Ironic that the player says: “The coach immediately told me that I was not ready. I would have at least liked to have a chance to rediscover my rhythm.”

When the likes of Willian have been given far more lassitude by Arteta. I wonder whether the fact that it's the youngsters who are saving our season will force the manager to look differently at Saliba. He seems like a good kid.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Thanks for that - really interesting!

Ironic that the player says: “The coach immediately told me that I was not ready. I would have at least liked to have a chance to rediscover my rhythm.”

When the likes of Willian have been given far more lassitude by Arteta. I wonder whether the fact that it's the youngsters who are saving our season will force the manager to look differently at Saliba. He seems like a good kid.
    I have a feeling Willian has been given more lassitude because Arteta and Edu own that one - they brought him to the club, and it’s now directly on Arteta to justify the signing and extract value from it. He’s been noticeably more ruthless with any player who wasn’t his signing when they haven’t measured up.

Thankfully his patience with Willian hasn’t been limitless - it’s gone on longer than it should have, but he’s now been relegated to cup games that we deem unimportant, and hopefully Ødegaard will bury him even further down the pecking order.

Also worth noting that just because he was wrong about Willian, doesn’t necessarily mean he wasn’t right about Saliba - a loan and regular first team football is clearly going to be better for his development at this age than sitting on the bench behind Holding and Luiz for the year. The big mistake there was not getting it arranged in the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    I thought he was supposed to be Barca bound.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Saliba next season. In theory he should be coming back and challenging Holding for the right CB role.
    He is - he’s even offered to play for them for free until the end of the season to help get the move done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I have a feeling Willian has been given more lassitude because Arteta and Edu own that one - they brought him to the club, and it’s now directly on Arteta to justify the signing and extract value from it. He’s been noticeably more ruthless with any player who wasn’t his signing when they haven’t measured up.

Thankfully his patience with Willian hasn’t been limitless - it’s gone on longer than it should have, but he’s now been relegated to cup games that we deem unimportant, and hopefully Ødegaard will bury him even further down the pecking order.

Also worth noting that just because he was wrong about Willian, doesn’t necessarily mean he wasn’t right about Saliba - a loan and regular first team football is clearly going to be better for his development at this age than sitting on the bench behind Holding and Luiz for the year. The big mistake there was not getting it arranged in the summer.
    i think you guys mean 'latitude'

'lassitude' means 'a state of weariness' or 'lazy indifference'- although i guess that sums Willian up quite nicely

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/lassitude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i think you guys mean 'latitude'

'lassitude' means 'a state of weariness' or 'lazy indifference'- although i guess that sums Willian up quite nicely

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/lassitude
    God damn it, you're right! That's what I get for skim-reading.

'Latrine' also sums William up nicely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting comments, i get the impression Arteta would be quite happy for all these guys to go

https://www.arsenal.com/news/arteta-...-and-transfers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’d probably gut half of the squad if he could. As would the fans too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    He’d probably gut half of the squad if he could. As would the fans too.
    Literally

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There can't seriously be rumours of Liverpool signing Mustafi, can there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)