User Tag List

View Poll Results: The Nasri Gamble: Do you think we should:

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sell him now for a sizeable sum?

24 66.67%
  • Keep him for the season and risk losing him for free?

12 33.33%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nasri Gamble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just give him the wages! We sold Clichy and we're not getting a replacement. Denilson is also on his way out, Bendy too, we have enough cash to give him a wage increase. Simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep him and hope for a "Flamini in shopwindow™" season so we get a full season of up for it Nasri and review pay/ stay in December IMHO.
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can't rely on cowardly twats like Nasri. Expect him to go missing when it really counts this season if he stays. Don't forget that this dickhead barely performed in the second half of the season, especially in the big matches like the Carling Cup final, Barca away and the crunch end of season games against Liverpool and Bolton. We may think that keeping him will maintain the strength in the squad, but the reality is that when we really need a performance from our big players, scroungers like Nasri all to often go missing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if we kept him for one more year, i believe he'll wait and see what happens. if we do really well and win a good, decent trophy or etc then i believe he'll sign a new contract if bigger ambitions are guranteed at the club BUT if the same shit happens then he'll deffo leave.

However it is a risk.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if we manage to win a trophy what incentive does he have to stay here? He can basically take his pick of more successful and/or richer clubs who will invest in the team. And he'll have a nice big signing on fee and contract due to the bosman transfer.

The guy has no loyalty to Arsenal and, unlike other players like Cesc, doesn't feel like he owes Wenger anything either. I'm pretty sure he's going to leave either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah we're not going to win any trophies, our rivals have/will have strenghtened whilst we won't have as usual. Last season was our chance but we blew it big time.

I hope Wenger gets what's coming to him for being so neglectful of our problem, it's amateurish management IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Just branching out from the other threads really for a poll.

Would you rather sell Nasri now for a sizeable sum?

Or

Keep him for the season and risk losing him on a free?

ps. Can a mod attach a poll to this please because I don't have a scooby. Fanx.
    If there was a guarntee we'd replace him with like for like quality i.e mata then id sell him abraod tbh. We can't sell him abroad then id take the gamble tbh unless we got a silly amount of money for him domestically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Yeah we're not going to win any trophies, our rivals have/will have strenghtened whilst we won't have as usual. Last season was our chance but we blew it big time.

I hope Wenger gets what's coming to him for being so neglectful of our problem, it's amateurish management IMO.
    Rivals Streghening has nothing to do why we won't win trophies it will because we won't change a thing of how we play and nothing would have been learnt from last season.

We could get to the cc final again whether we can win it remains a mystery to me. Same with the fa cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should stay and we should bench him. Keep him off the eyes of the big clubs. Next year when he will be a nobody, the Wigans and Aston Villas can sign him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have to and definitely will keep Nasri, no doubt.

This coming season is crucial for Wenger, we really have to win something, or many more ppl will want him sacked (Not my view tho).

Wenger knows its a gamble and he could walk away for free next summer but it'l only be a, (what was it?) 12-13m loss if he goes. And if we do sell we wont get much more than £20m, I think another season with Nasri is worth the risk.