User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal, 18:00 GMT (29/12, Amazon Prime)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh and 3-0 Maupay hatter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i'd rather see Saka moved infield and Pepe brought back in - or Nelson if he's still alive - than bring Willian back
    Yeah, Saka does feel like the best swap for ESR in the middle, if it comes to it. Of course he's also probably the best swap for Martinelli down the left and the best man to play down the right, but having someone in the middle who can link the left and right sides of the team feels more important. We've got a real gem with that kid!

Wondering how Balogun would get on if we asked him to play either left or right? Pepe or Nelson can do the job on a technical level, as can Willock through the centre if we want to keep Saka wide, but none of those three have really blown me away, tbh. They're good when everyone else is good, but I don't think any of them have it in them to really take control of a game when we need someone to step up - not in the same way that Saka, Martinelli and ESR can. Not sure which camp Balogun sits in yet, but we need hunger and attitude as much as we need technical ability right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balogun should be getting the chances Eddie is.

With the 2 goals he’s scored in the Europa, he’s already shown he could be a more polished finisher than Eddie ever will be. I’ve never seen Eddie open his body up and manoeuvre defenders away when taking shots. He’s only about tap ins and picking up scraps in the box. Way too limited.

Also the fact Balogun is considering leaving to further his career if he can’t get chances with us suggests he’s a pretty hungry kid.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 29-12-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I agree - early days, but he already looks a far more complete, far more modern #9. If he plays with the same hunger as Saka, Martinelli and ESR then I’d even say he should be getting the chances that Nelson and Pepe are getting, even if that sometimes means playing left or right. Good players with elite mentalities just get on with it.

Obviously anyone else in the squad should be getting the chances Willian is getting - even Kolasinac offers more in the final third!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Balogun should be getting the chances Eddie is.

With the 2 goals he’s scored in the Europa, he’s already shown he could be a more polished finisher than Eddie ever will be. I’ve never seen Eddie open his body up and manoeuvre defenders away when taking shots. He’s only about tap ins and picking up scraps in the box. Way too limited.

Also the fact Balogun is considering leaving to further his career if he can’t get chances with us suggests he’s a pretty hungry kid.
    The fact that Liverpool are chasing him hard should tell us all we need to know. This kid has the potential to be a serious talent IMO, resigning him on and giving him chances is the least we should be doing. We have absolutely no excuses to lose this kid, we are in a complete mess and that position is up for grabs, this kid could save us some serious money if he's given a chance IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luiz and Willian are still "ill", apparently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Luiz and Willian are still "ill", apparently
    Shame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Shame
    Yeah, rest up lads - take all the time you need to "get well". ALL the time.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brighton: Sanchez, Veltman, Webster, Dunk, Burn, Bernardo, Bissouma, Gross, Propper, Mac Allister, Jahanbakhsh.
    Subs: Steele, White, Connolly, Maupay, Trossard, Welbeck, March, Zeqiri, Molumby.

Arsenal: Leno, Bellerin, Holding, Pablo Mari, Tierney, Xhaka, Elneny, Saka, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Aubameyang.
    Subs: Runarsson, Mustafi, Cedric, Maitland-Niles, Ceballos, Willock, Pepe, Nketiah, Lacazette.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuckin' A!
    Last edited by I am invisible; 29-12-2020 at 05:23 PM.