User Tag List

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a hockey score, at least that’s what he said when we beat Spurs 5-4 back in the day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

A (Spurs fan) friend of mine often opines that Spurs and Arsenal fans aren't really that different, we just wear different coloured shirts.
    Basically true. I think there is a bit of a mentality difference which reflects the histories of the clubs. I think we've always seen ourselves as the grammar school boys with Spurs being the unruly comprehensive school down the road, but there's a fair bit of similarity.
    Serious question though. Would you rather be an Arsenal fan or a Spurs fan right now - and obviously I mean that if you were a nuetral who had to chose one club or the other which would you choose? I know who I would go for and its not the team with a c*nt as a manager.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Serious question though. Would you rather be an Arsenal fan or a Spurs fan right now - and obviously I mean that if you were a nuetral who had to chose one club or the other which would you choose? I know who I would go for and its not the team with a c*nt as a manager.
    Few months ago I'd have said Spurs. Right now it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
    Arsenal are a bit of a mess but we've won a few trophies over the last few years while Spurs' trophy cabinet continues to gather dust.

[EDIT - and yes, I'd never want to support a team with him in charge]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few months ago I'd have said Spurs. Right now it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
    Arsenal are a bit of a mess but we've won a few trophies over the last few years while Spurs' trophy cabinet continues to gather dust.

Well maybe I have rose tinted specs, and Arteta still has to prove that his apparent recent improvement is something he can properly build on but Sp*rs are showing that bringing in a so-called big name manager is no guarantee of success. I would take current mediocrity with at least the aim of building towards better than the same under someone like Maureen, and everything he represents...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we should have hired Ancelotti with Arteta as his understudy - that way Arteta would avoid some of the big messups and learn from a more experienced coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    we should have hired Ancelotti with Arteta as his understudy - that way Arteta would avoid some of the big messups and learn from a more experienced coach.
    Yeah - I think some experience would have been good and I don;t think Arteta should have been made manager, but I guess we are where we are...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even through our darkest period we still manage to better them, and make no mistake this is our darkest period in decades.

We won the FA Cup last year, yet that lot down the road screw up season after season when it comes to winning trophies...any trophy.

Their Final against City in the Carabao Cup is massive IMO, they need to get the monkey off the back and actually win a trophy. If City turn up which I think they will, it's looking like another trophy less season for the Spuds unless we think they are going to win the Europa League......

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wolves 0-1 Southampton, Ings.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wolves 0-2 Southampton in the end, Armstrong with the other one.