User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Newcastle (home, FA Cup).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    How many games does Willian need to play before Arteta realises he is utter shit and offers nothing ?

Skwaka tweeted a stat earlier today saying he had only had 2 shots on target all season. Pathetic
    Is that Xhaka's cousin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad we won but it really showed how much dross we have outside of the best 11

Team marks out of 10:

Leno - 9
    Cedric - 5
    Luiz - 7
    Mari - 8
    Tierney - 11
    Elneny - 5
    Nelson - 1
    Willock - 0
    Willian - minus 10
    Pepe - 6
    Auba - 5

Subs:

ESR - 10
    Saka - 8
    Laca - 7
    Xhaka - 6 (would be 7 but it's Xhaka)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I must be getting old because I enjoyed the game because it was an old fashioned cup tie 😬
    I only started watching from the second half, but I didn’t think it was too bad from that point on. Looked a little aimless until ESR came on - thought everyone was buzzing around with decent energy and purpose after that, and we were stringing some quick passing together here and there. Everything just kept breaking down once it got go the front 3 - either Auba was making bad decisions, or Pepe was playing as a one-man team and refusing to look up when he got near the box, or Willian was Willian.

Seriously... Willian! How fucking bad is this guy? Every pass slightly under hit, every movement half a step in the wrong direction, simple passes spooning up into his face when trying to get the ball under control... I almost felt sorry for him at one point before I remembered he was getting paid £1m a month for that shit! Wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall a timely reminder of just how average this bloated squad is once you scratch the surface. A handful of kids and senior players get it and are driving us on, but we are literally a couple of injuries away from being that team we saw in the first half bring our starting XI. Genuinely excited about some of the players we have, but we really need to manage expectations over the next 6 months because 2/3s of this squad is still mostly crap...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the best performance yesterday but still plenty of positives.

Smith Rowe showing his quality again, it's vital he stays fit for the remainder of the season.

I know Saka has played a lot of positions already in his career but I feel like right wing could really suit him if he gets a run there. Both goals yesterday came from him cutting in and clipping balls into the box. He also seems quite confident going on the outside and using his right. Very promising signs.

Mari again looked solid and Leno made that brilliant save to keep us in it. Hopefully the goal for Auba will get him going.

As for the others, Willock and Nelson may need a loan before being written off completely. Pepe tries to make things happen but just isn't at the same level of Saka. The less said about Willian the better, I've no doubt he'd be getting a booing if fans were there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno... I guess Nelson might benefit from a short loan, but I’m just not sure about Willock? We’ve seen quite a bit of him now and I still don’t know what he is or what his role might be for us in the future? I think we’ve sometimes wanted to see more in him than is actually there because we’ve needed goals from midfield, but if he can’t actually do the ‘midfield’ part of the job that well then he’s really just a below-average forward disguised as a midfielder.

Even with Nelson I suspect his main value to us right now might be a quick sale with and English premium added. I’m sure there’s a decent player in there with a bit of work, and at least we know what he is, but I’m just not sure we have time for the project right now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I dunno... I guess Nelson might benefit from a short loan, but I’m just not sure about Willock? We’ve seen quite a bit of him now and I still don’t know what he is or what his role might be for us in the future? I think we’ve sometimes wanted to see more in him than is actually there because we’ve needed goals from midfield, but if he can’t actually do the ‘midfield’ part of the job that well then he’s really just a below-average forward disguised as a midfielder.

Even with Nelson I suspect his main value to us right now might be a quick sale with and English premium added. I’m sure there’s a decent player in there with a bit of work, and at least we know what he is, but I’m just not sure we have time for the project right now...
    Yesterday satisfied me that a) Willock is a total waste of space and b) Nelson, despite my previously being a fan, isn't up to it

We should sell both of them while we can get something decent for them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Yesterday satisfied me that a) Willock is a total waste of space and b) Nelson, despite my previously being a fan, isn't up to it

We should sell both of them while we can get something decent for them
    Add Nketiah to that list of dullards. I'd be amazed if any club actually wanted them though.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheffield Utd paid about 22m for what's his face... Brewster?

Eddie has to be worth at least that.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Sheffield Utd paid about 22m for what's his face... Brewster?
    You could say Brewster is millions