User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Palace (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not one penny of my money (and I checked and double checked) went into paying 77 million for Pepe. I'm completely innocent.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Completely baffled what’s happened to him.
    Obviously he’s not getting much service but still, not the player we’ve seen over the last couple of seasons.
    I'd honestly sell him in the summer while he's still appealing to some big club as a player maybe with a season or two left in him

i think that game shows that for us to be at our best we need one specific starting eleven which includes Tierney, Saka, ESR, etc

some people had real shockers - AMN; Eddie as usual (what a terrible player); we didn't look as solid with Luiz in place of Mari/Gabriel, also despite some good tackles Xhaka gives the ball away and gives fouls away too many times to cut it at this level

btw I don't quite get the Ceballos hate, i thought he was one of our better players and while he can make mistakes he does generally try to be positive and make something happen

apart from him we really weren't trying to create much movement and ESR and Saka were closed down pretty effectively by Palace

also maybe both players have run through that initial adrenaline of playing regularly together and it's all catching up with them

overall I'm not too worried at one slow performance after what we've seen the last few weeks and Palace are an experienced side - as i said in the match thread at least we didn't give away a stupid pel to Zaha like we would have in the past

but Arteta does need to learn to anticipate when players need a rest - he knackered Partey previously by playing him not fully fit and now he's worn out Tierney - i was really surprised when he played Tierney in the FAC and it was clearly a mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I'd honestly sell him in the summer while he's still appealing to some big club as a player maybe with a season or two left in him

i think that game shows that for us to be at our best we need one specific starting eleven which includes Tierney, Saka, ESR, etc

some people had real shockers - AMN; Eddie as usual (what a terrible player); we didn't look as solid with Luiz in place of Mari/Gabriel, also despite some good tackles Xhaka gives the ball away and gives fouls away too many times to cut it at this level

btw I don't quite get the Ceballos hate, i thought he was one of our better players and while he can make mistakes he does generally try to be positive and make something happen

apart from him we really weren't trying to create much movement and ESR and Saka were closed down pretty effectively by Palace

also maybe both players have run through that initial adrenaline of playing regularly together and it's all catching up with them

overall I'm not too worried at one slow performance after what we've seen the last few weeks and Palace are an experienced side - as i said in the match thread at least we didn't give away a stupid pel to Zaha like we would have in the past

but Arteta does need to learn to anticipate when players need a rest - he knackered Partey previously by playing him not fully fit and now he's worn out Tierney - i was really surprised when he played Tierney in the FAC and it was clearly a mistake
    Most sensible post on this thread.

Crystal Palace know how to set up against so-called 'big teams'. They have beaten Manure and drawn with Spurs and Leicester this season.

If it wasn't for the shit show before Xmas noone would be reading that much into last night's game. I think after our recent upturn in performances and results this was a reality check, and it is not that surprising that we are dependent upon a specific first team to get results, and that the squad performance/level hasn't transformed overall.

Fatigue is an issue for sure, as is the failure of senior players to step up. But we have Partey coming back and Martinelli would potentially have made a difference last night. We need to buy a back up left back.

I think the Xhaka criticism is unfair for last night's performance. He is hardly a favourite, but he was not shit.

Not going to throw my toys out of the pram again just yet.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS if Tierney's crocked, Saka left wing back and AMN right wing? AMN stunk the place up last night but is better on the tight and I feel it is a bit harsh to judge him when not playing regularly and continually shifted around...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tierney's not crocked, just tired.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In most title chasing teams. the 1st 11 consist of 9/10 players and their back up is at least a 7/10.

We are blessed with only 3 players that are 9/10. Most of our starting 11 are 7/10 players and the alternatives are 5/10 at best. This team and this manager are winning zilch without major changes.

I dont think we have any real basis to complain about Leno any more. He is as good as all but 2 keepers in the league right now
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    In most title chasing teams. the 1st 11 consist of 9/10 players and their back up is at least a 7/10.

We are blessed with only 3 players that are 9/10. Most of our starting 11 are 7/10 players and the alternatives are 5/10 at best. This team and this manager are winning zilch without major changes.

I dont think we have any real basis to complain about Leno any more. He is as good as all but 2 keepers in the league right now
    all true and especially about Leno, his distribution is much better now and as a result (plus having better defenders) we look much more solid playing out from the back now, which he clearly couldn't do when we first started playing him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't expect a win at all in this game. Against a Roy team, unless you are miles ahead off em talent wise, you not winning.

Against a team like Palace, this was a training session for them defensively. We only have one way off playing.

We need a striker, a Drogba type striker. This summer we have to invest one. We need a ball carrying midfielder that can drive through a defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with pretty much everything people are saying. Have to be honest I didn't watch it but expected nothing better than a draw. Still don't understand why Luiz is back in the team in front of players who are lighting up the place. Don't wish to labour the point but it wasn't difficult to pick a better team, and Arteta just seems to revert to proven losers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to the above, I am convinced Arteta genuinely believes Luiz is a first 11 pick. Secondly, Saliba is back playing in France and getting man of the match reviews already.