User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Reaction v Newcastle (home, league).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Cedric also appears to be at least the equal if not better than Bellerin. All we need now is someone to back Tierney up. Has Kolasinac gone?. Did I miss that happy moment
    yeah we need a new LB - Kola's gone on loan (to Schalke i think), but the expectation is he's not coming back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    yeah we need a new LB - Kola's gone on loan (to Schalke i think), but the expectation is he's not coming back
    Brexit means Brexit
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean he's stuck in customs?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its actually nice winning games that we are meant to be winning and quite comfortably. now we have hit a bit of form it will be interesting to see if we can keep it up against better sides.

arteta lucked out with the suspensions forcing him to play ESR and Holding etc. suddenly a run of games and these guys can play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Smith Rowe interview.
    South London Roadman Accent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

I really like the look of Partey, and good to see Arteta's learning by taking him off early to make so as not to overdo it in his first full game back
    Yeah, sensible. Just a shame he didn't return at the same time that ESR and Martinelli came into the side, when we had an easier run - got a couple of tricky games now where it's going to be harder to sub him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Partey is a class above anything we have seen in centre mid for a very long time.

I think there is a core of a decent side when you include the likes of Tierney, Gabriel and the youngsters.
    Worth every penny of his release clause.

Definitely the start of something coming together there. We don't have the depth to be consistent across long periods yet - lose any one of 2 or 3 key players in the middle and the whole thing starts to stutter again - but we're starting to tick off problems: the front 4 are sharing the goals and assists around, which is great to see; the defence looks well structured and is keeping regular clean sheets (and actually doing it in an attacking setup); we're transitioning from defence to attack much better and much faster; off the pitch the bloated squad is getting trimmed; and the profile of player we're going after is starting to change.

I still think we need to upgrade 3 or 4 players in our best XI before it really starts to purr, and we certainly need to up the standard of our depth, but at least it looks like it's starting to go somewhere.