User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Odegaard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No option to buy apparently. But only has 1 year on his contract with Real come the summer so if he does well I'm sure there's room for negotiation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    No option to buy apparently. But only has 1 year on his contract with Real come the summer so if he does well I'm sure there's room for negotiation.
    And they want to fund a move fro Mbappe, apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From M 1Ö to M 1Ø.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 years ago he was a wonderkid. now he will be one of the attacking senior pros

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WGC Goon View Post
    Reports suggest that we may be getting Real Madrid's Martin Odegaard on loan for the rest of the season. After watching his YouTube highlights he looks quite skilful and his playing style reminds of Robin Van Persie, does anyone think he could make an impact in the games we have left?
    Another loan signing? Probably no option to buy? Pointless in my opinion.

I just feel that another loan signing will stop another ESR coming through. In addition, why don't we just bring back Guendouzi and nurture him.

Just my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Another loan signing? Probably no option to buy? Pointless in my opinion.

I just feel that another loan signing will stop another ESR coming through. In addition, why don't we just bring back Guendouzi and nurture him.

Just my opinion
    i'm with you on ESR, i get we need an alternate for him as he can't play every match, but i'd hope any new guy didn't start getting opportunities ahead of ESR or we'll be looking at another Balogun scenario (albeit i don't know ESR's contract situation...)

oh, and Arteta's decided he doesn't like Guendouzi so that's it, the door is shut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disagree - I think this move makes a lot of sense.

ESR, Saka and Ødegaard could potentially all play together in that 3 behind the striker, but I’d probably be looking at more of a ‘2-games-on, 1-game-off’ rota to keep them all happy (and fresh), e.g. game #1 ESR-Saka > #2 Ødegaard-Saka > #3 ESR-Ødegaard > then back to ESR-Saka? (Or, you know, we could just see who’s in form and keep playing them.)

The fact is injury, suspension or COVID could rob us of any one of them at any moment so we really do need to beef up our creative options - we’ve all seen what happens as soon as we rest ESR or Saka and it’s not pretty.

(And don’t forget we also need cover for Tierney, so this would free Saka up for that in a pinch.)

I’m not even that fussed about the option to buy really - the most important thing right now is getting through the rest of this season. If he does well then we’ll look into it in the summer - if we can’t get him then we’ll just sink the money into someone else.

And if he’s no good then who cares? Nothing lost.

No idea what the future holds for Guen, but he’s not a creative midfielder so he’s irrelevant to this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, we need to get this loan over line, fast (or find someone very similar)! Without ESR in the side we are painfully disjointed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Seriously, we need to get this loan over line, fast (or find someone very similar)! Without ESR in the side we are painfully disjointed...
    I gather he can play on the right as well as centrally so it really would push Willian and Pepe further down the pecking order.

I know Arteta has to play a straight bat in the pressers, but surely today must have been the final chance for the bums, with only league and knock out Europa games to play now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Saints game commentator seemed to think we were optimistic about Odegaard