User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Martin Odegaard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was indifferent to this deal but after today proving once and for all certain players will just never come good for us, I hope we get this done. We need options and right now there’s fuck all outside the best 11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    I gather he can play on the right as well as centrally so it really would push Willian and Pepe further down the pecking order...
    He’s always talked about as central playmaker - a modern 8-10 like ESR - but his heat map for Sociedad last season showed him mostly on the right (probably because they played him on the right!). He’s also left-footed so he’s probably versatile enough to play anywhere across that 3 behind the striker, or as part of a 3-man midfield.

Luckily ESR and Saka are just as versatile, so we should be able to work those three into lots of combos. I really don’t see an issue with anyone’s progress being halted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    I know Arteta has to play a straight bat in the pressers, but surely today must have been the final chance for the bums, with only league and knock out Europa games to play now...
    Tbh, I don’t really listen to anything that managers say about players in public - as long as a player is still at the club then their manager might need to get a performance out of them at any moment, so what else are they going to say? Keep an eye on contract extensions and who is getting picked in important games (*when everyone is abailable) - that usually tells you more about their true feelings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I was indifferent to this deal but after today proving once and for all certain players will just never come good for us, I hope we get this done. We need options and right now there’s fuck all outside the best 11.
    Even within our best XI, I’d say we could upgrade 3 or 4 of the players (which isn’t to say they’re bad - they’re just not on the same level as our best 6 or 7 players).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Even within our best XI, I’d say we could upgrade 3 or 4 of the players (which isn’t to say they’re bad - they’re just not on the same level as our best 6 or 7 players).
    i think 10 players are pretty good Leno Bellerin Holding Gabriel Tierney Partey Saka Martinelli ESR Auba. so one central midfielder of really quality and we have a good 1st XI unfortunately that wont win you the league. as the lack of depth is quite shocking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    i think 10 players are pretty good Leno Bellerin Holding Gabriel Tierney Partey Saka Martinelli ESR Auba. so one central midfielder of really quality and we have a good 1st XI unfortunately that wont win you the league. as the lack of depth is quite shocking.
    Yeah, I’m not saying the others in our current best XI aren’t solid - I just think you’d need to upgrade 3, maybe 4 of them if we really want to challenge. As you say, a better partner for Partey, probably another top class CB, a top class RB and a long-term CF. Some of those players may even be at the club already, depending on how they develop.

Then, of course, we need a massive overhaul of the squad players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done deal according to Skysports though not yet comfirmed on Arsenal.com. https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-end-of-season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Norwegian Messi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kid is supposed to be red hot.

He tore up La Liga last season whilst on loan at Real Sociedad, it was a 2 year loan, but Real Madrid cut it short and brought him back a year early....to leave him to rot on the bench!

I can't say I have seen too much of him but I have read plenty of rave reviews.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)