User Tag List

Thread: Rob Holding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob Holding

He's developing into a very good CB IMO, he's first choice for me now. He's improved so much this season, he's strong, decent in the air and surprisingly quite fleet footed over a short distance. He seems to be developing into one of the leaders of the team too.

He's one of those unglamourous CB's like a Keown or Bould, but I think he's crucial to our team now.

Deserves an England call up too, the likes of Maguire and Connor Coady are no better than him.

What does everybody else think?
    Last edited by selassie; 31-01-2021 at 02:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair play to Holding - he was almost on his way out of the club in the summer, but he’s taken his chance and arguably made himself first choice. These things are changing all the time, of course, but right now the other CBs are fighting it out to be Holding’s partner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i always thought he looked better than some people gave him credit for - people are too quick to pounce on the odd error and make it into a narrative of 'they're not good enough' - he's a positive, no-fuss presence on the pitch and i think since he's been a regular, even when it's been Luiz alongside him, we've stopped being an accident waiting to happen at the back - Gabriel helped with that too and latterly Mari but Holding's been the ever-present keeping it all together

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    He's developing into a very good CB IMO, he's first choice for me now. He's improved so much this season, he's strong, decent in the air and surprisingly quite fleet footed over a short distance. He seems to be developing into one of the leaders of the team too.

He's one of those unglamourous CB's like a Keown or Bould, but I think he's crucial to our team now.

Deserves an England call up too, the likes of Maguire and Connor Coady are no better than him.

What does everybody else think?
    Best CB at the club and he has been the best for ages. Thats one of the main reasons I have not rated our past managers as it was an obvious spot and they all kept missing it.

I am still not sure the Rookie is convinced and part of me thinks he will still try and tinker and ensure Luiz gets more playing time but that will just ensure he gets sacked faster.

Agree with the Keown comparisons, though clearly not as intimidating. With the likes of Saka, Tierney, Martinelli, AMN,ESR and Holding, a top manager could easily build a truly decent side around them. Willock too, if they could only give him some regular playing time in a proper position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really not sure about Willock, but i agree he's not been given the run in the team he needs for us to know, the signs haven't been great though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Classic Wenger