User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Wolves (away)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    TBF, i have watched it a few times since I posted my comment, I was so angry earlier i switched off the game. You are right it was a ridiculous decision and shouldn't have been a sending off. Luiz tried to move out the way.

I'm done with this shit, VAR, referees, we always get screwed over.
    It is dodgy as hell. 9 reds from a team that commits the fewest fouls in the premiership. Bellerin, one of the softest players I’ve ever seen in an Arsenal shirt, has most yellows in the division.

I am pretty sure we also lead on things like yellows for time-wasting (i recall 3 including Pepe recently when we were tending to an injured player!) and foul throws (5 - all for Bellerin) which are largely inconsequential decisions but further indicators of bias.

You can argue that we shouldn’t put ourselves in a position where refs can influence the match but come on - it stinks to high heaven.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure the refs and VAR are sh*t, but it doesn't change the fact Luiz was chasing after the guy right into the pnealty area, he was never going to get into a position to make a decent tackle from there, it was suicide

How he played ahead of Gabriel beats me, Arteta just keeps reverting back to these old f*ckup players

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he hadn't people would be saying "he just gave up, why didn't he even chase him"?
    He clipped him at worst. Fine, have the penalty but keep it at 11 vs 11, then we can have a game.
    The ref gave them the points tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Sure the refs and VAR are sh*t, but it doesn't change the fact Luiz was chasing after the guy right into the pnealty area, he was never going to get into a position to make a decent tackle from there, it was suicide
    How he played ahead of Gabriel beats me, Arteta just keeps reverting back to these old f*ckup players
    This.

The Rookie never learns...... and more pointedly he left Xhaka on the field when he had 2 opportunities to drag him off (Laca and Partey). I'm still scratching my head on the second sub of Partey....I give up...another coach with silly favourites.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 02-02-2021 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an issue with that Partey sub, we were down to 9 men so the game was done and dusted. He is only just back from injury so better to save him for the next match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go and beat Villa on Saturday and we can put this freak show of a game behind us.

Just hoping it doesn’t start another rot given how fragile our confidence is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal are considering an appeal on the Luiz red. I can see it now.
    'we got someone appealing a red card'
    Who is it?
    'Arsenal'
    NO!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I know what it feels like again to be gutted when Arsenal lose. We play the best football of the season and fucking lose. Can't even blame Arteta.
    As for Luiz, it was harsh, but he is an accident waiting to happen. It's not the first time he's done it and it won't be the last. Fucking fed up
    This is exactly how I feel.

It's a punch in the guts for agame to go like this just when we are getting into our stride as a team under Arteta, and a sign of har far we have come, and how well we were playing that this defeat stings so much.

Re Luis's sending off let's not forget that the ref should already have blown the whistle for half time...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re Luis's sending off let's not forget that the ref should already have blown the whistle for half time...[/QUOTE]

He would have done but he felt there was enough time to give a penalty.