Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Open 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Why should we feel sorry for him?

He lied on his visa form (which would see anyone else thrown out) and when he tested positive, he went out visiting people with the virus. Not exactly teh actions of someone to feel sorry for.
    He only got caught out because of his high profile. Non of these nonsensical bullshit rules regarding the so-called pandemic should be followed.

He has worked incredibly hard to be where he is and to be denied a 10th AO and record 21st grand slam due to wrong-think is deplorable.

Australia should be ashamed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    He only got caught out because of his high profile. Non of these nonsensical bullshit rules regarding the so-called pandemic should be followed.

He has worked incredibly hard to be where he is and to be denied a 10th AO and record 21st grand slam due to wrong-think is deplorable.

Australia should be ashamed.
    He only got caught because of his high profile?

Well that is simply bollocks. Australia has always had tough immigration stances.

One of the reasons he was deported was because he lied on his visa form. If you or i do that, we get deported as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that is simply bollocks. Australia has always had tough immigration stances.

One of the reasons he was deported was because he lied on his visa form. If you or i do that, we get deported as well.
    He answered "no" to the "have you travelled anywhere in the last 14 days" question, I can tell you many people lie about these questions and if there's no stamp in your passport it's highly unlikely to be found out, of course him being who he is there were pictures all over the internet of him in Serbia.

But even so if it wasn't for the fake pandemic 1) this question is not asked 2) he absolutely would get away with such a tiny untruth because of who he is.

And he actually did get anyway with the untruth, according to the immigration minister his visa was revoked purely because he is a health threat (lol) and his presence may foster antivax sentiment (i.e wrongthink).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This really isn't complicated.
    They've clearly made an example of him. But they were within their rights to do so. Whether you think their rules are bullshit or not (I happen to agree they are), they are the rules and it's not "deplorable" that they didn't make an exception for him. Why should they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    This really isn't complicated.
    They've clearly made an example of him. But they were within their rights to do so. Whether you think their rules are bullshit or not (I happen to agree they are), they are the rules and it's not "deplorable" that they didn't make an exception for him. Why should they?
    Well as I mentioned earlier they made many exceptions for celebrities.

They just don't like his views, if this was China or Russia there'd be outcry.

And it's more the circus and way it was handled that is deplorable. They let him in, revoked his visa and detained him, he won the appeal and was released a week goes by and then at the end of the working week (5pm Friday) just before the tournament starts the immigration minister revokes it again, why did he wait so long?

Also the immigration minister abused his power, while it is within his authority to revoke visas that power is usually only reserved for terrorists or criminals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rules are rules, if you or I get deported we're banned for 3 years

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-...-ban/100760742

Scott Morrison leaves door open for Novak Djokovic to return within three-year ban

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should we feel sorry for him?

He lied on his visa form (which would see anyone else thrown out) and when he tested positive, he went out visiting people with the virus. Not exactly teh actions of someone to feel sorry for.
    https://www.eurosport.co.uk/tennis/n...05/story.shtml

NOVAK DJOKOVIC RISKS MISSING FRENCH OPEN AS GOVERNMENT RULES ATHLETES MUST BE VACCINATED

How can you not feel sorry for him, having his career railroaded because he won't undergo an unnecessary ineffective medical procedure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Medical procedure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Medical procedure
    You're right I should have said medical experiment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    You're right I should have trolled even more
    You do you, dude.