User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Leeds (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    With Willian, I think it is just a case of Arteta being desperate for him to have an impact because he’s carrying the can for the signing. Maybe he’ll reevaluate in the summer but Willian getting undeserved minutes will be a recurring thing for the remainder of the season.
    It's exactly that. Arteta and Edu 100% own that signing, so it's gonna be on them to sit down in front of the owners at the end of the season and justify it. At some point though the cost of poor results and the threat of a lower-than-expected finishing position will start to outweigh the chewing out that's coming over the wasted investment and self-preservation will have to kick in. Arguably we've already seen the beginnings of this with Willian's demotion to the bench and 'cup team', which happened around boxing day - now we just need Arteta to swallow his pride and accept that he's not even useful off the bench. I just hope it doesn't require too sharp a lesson to drive home the point...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we're now back into the dreaded sunday/thursday cycle.

Kill me.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Great result and first half performance.

VAR useless again (our first pen - but at least they had an arguable one denied too).

Not going to go overboard on Leeds' goals - they are a decent team going forwards and its always difficult to keepo 100% when you are 4-0 up.

But the subs were a bit baffling - I worry about Willian though. He's awful, but also clearly not suited to the way we play, and the manager's stubbornness in persisiting with him is damaging in 2 ways - first the obvious one on the pitch, but secondly the effect it has on Pepe and Martinelli - who must be affected by what they can see...

There is no way VAR could have given the Leeds penalty after overturning ours for the same thing. For once there was consistency (even if wrong decision)

But the FA etc go on about how VAR is there to overturn a clear & obvious error. Where was the clear & obvious error on the penalty for Saka?

Also how on earth did the Leeds keeper not even get a card when he gave away the penalty? Luiz got sent off yet this wasn’t even a booking?

This is why fans are getting so pissed off. There is such a lack of consistency and decisions just appear to be made on the day regardless of the rules. The PGMOL & Mike Reily should be sacked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    There is no way VAR could have given the Leeds penalty after overturning ours for the same thing. For once there was consistency (even if wrong decision)

But the FA etc go on about how VAR is there to overturn a clear & obvious error. Where was the clear & obvious error on the penalty for Saka?

Also how on earth did the Leeds keeper not even get a card when he gave away the penalty? Luiz got sent off yet this wasn’t even a booking?

This is why fans are getting so pissed off. There is such a lack of consistency and decisions just appear to be made on the day regardless of the rules. The PGMOL & Mike Reily should be sacked
    there wasn't one, i said that at the time, they're not sticking to that principle at all

everything you say here is spot on, it's a total joke, i think the people who were always suspicious of VAR knew that any technical system, no matter how good, will fail if put in the hands of the egotistical fools who referee our game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good result, I didn't see the game so can't comment on the performance, though having watched the highlights it looked like we played very well first half and for the first 10 minutes of the second half.

Conceding 2 goals in the manner we did was very sloppy, but unfortunately not surprising.

I think bringing on Willian was an attempt at a confidence booster for him from Arteta. It was a low risk substitution that didn't work out because Willian looks to be well and truly on the slide, he offers this team nothing.

He will be 33 next year, we should do everything we can to try and get rid of him in the summer, his wages don't reflect his status in the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I think we're now back into the dreaded sunday/thursday cycle.

Kill me.
    We should have done that when you put that Biden avatar on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    We should have done that when you put that Biden avatar on
    Trump lost.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    No, really. He lost.

To Sleepy Joe Biden.