Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer '21 transfer lunacy and overpayment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kind of slipped under the radar…

https://arseblog.news/2021/06/confir...-new-contract/

I mean, I knew we were looking to extend, but that really has been wrapped up with no fuss…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess we won’t be getting a good look at Saliba in preseason after all then…

https://arseblog.news/2021/06/saliba...g-olympic-nod/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Petit

And Seaman had a ponytail phase too.
    Ill make exceptions for legends
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    This kind of slipped under the radar…

https://arseblog.news/2021/06/confir...-new-contract/

I mean, I knew we were looking to extend, but that really has been wrapped up with no fuss…
    "Following Scotland’s exit from Euro 2020, Tierney is now set for a bit of a break."

Anyway, great re-signing
    Last edited by Mac76; 25-06-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Villa have made a new 30 million bid for ESR, which has obviously been rejected.

Such a weird one, either they are trolling or have heard something with regards to his contract extension talks. My guess would be his agent playing games to try and bump up his salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Villa have made a new 30 million bid for ESR, which has obviously been rejected.

Such a weird one, either they are trolling or have heard something with regards to his contract extension talks. My guess would be his agent playing games to try and bump up his salary.
    Probably just Villa trying to appease their fans before Grealish is sold to City.

Thank you for your interest in our affairs. Rejected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post

it wouldn't surprise me if your agent theory was true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Big money, but if you’re targeting the right profile of player then it becomes an investment and not an expense. These sums only start to annoy me when we start chucking them at players who are north of 26/27 because once their first contract comes to an end there’s no resale value there if we need to reinvest.

I do think this is an area that needs an upgrade, though, in spite of the number of CBs we have. We’ve been more solid over the last year or so, but a lot of the time I feel like it’s come at the expense of sitting too deep and leaving the midfield too stretched - one of the reasons we’ve struggled to link defence to attack, and often fail to maintain pressure on opponents in their half. At the moment none of our CBs are the complete package - they either lack the athleticism needed to cover distance or they lack passing ability and ball-control that’s necessary to contribute going forward.

Ironically, Saliba is probably the closest we have to the profile of defender that we want, but he has by far the least experience, and who TF knows what the state of his relationship with the club is like atm?
    This. Let's remember that for all his high profile head rushes, Luis was pretty instrumental to our ball progression last season when we did play well last season. If White's ability in this respect is a good as his rep, then he is being purchased as a premier league ready replacement for one of our most important positions/players in Arteta's system of playing. I don't think you take a punt on a 19? year old who is simply not tested in this league (League 1 not nearly as challenging) to fill this key position. Price seems high - but all English players seem to command a 20/30% premium. I would like to see Saliba play, but many of those demanding for him would be the first to criticise taking a risk with a club of our stauture if he was not up to it within a short period.

That's not to say the whole Saliba deal doesn't look like a fiasco, but the question of what we need at CB if we are to hit the ground running nextseason is a slightly different one, despite the fact that this is Saliba's position.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £35m for Ramsdale

Surely has to be a wind up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd sooner give Son of Runar a go.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.