Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer '21 transfer lunacy and overpayment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi?

Just an Argie Elneny
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    73 million quid. Enough to fund a hospital for months. Not really bad? It's so far beyond bad it doesn't register on any scale that makes any sense. I bet the cunt can't even take a corner.
    If we spent 73M on a hospital, it would certainly come in useful with our history of injuries. Sign da ting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so now Saliba isn't going to the Olympics...

https://arseblog.news/2021/07/tokyo-...lympics-squad/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: looks like he’s going on a season-long loan to Marseille.

Not sure how I feel about that? The loan is the right choice for his development - at 20 he needs regular games and not a place on our bench - but a Prem side would have better this time. (I’m especially not happy about him having Guendouzi in his ear all year, if he’d ends up there too.) Saliba’s choice though - reports say he was given several options and that’s the one he picked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lad obviously wants to stay as far away from Arteta as is physically possible. Less chance of Arteta rocking up at any of his matches and putting him off his game.

Chances are Lego hair will be gone by Xmas anyway. Im hoping so anyway.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just ludicrous to pay £28m for a player we then decide isn't good enough for several seasons - even though he probably is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just chalk him up as another name we’ve wasted a fortune on over recent years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raul paid £28m for him in another deal that’s looking dodgier by the day. I think Edu had been here something like 16 days when Saliba signed so I doubt he had much to do with it. Arteta certainly didn’t.

At this point everyone just needs to forget the fee and focus on what is best for the development of a talented but still very young player. The fee wasn’t the player’s doing, and it wasn’t the doing of anyone at the club now - it’s just another entry in the long list of terrible deals that have been allowed to happen under KSE’s watch.

In terms of his development, a season-long loan is definitely the right move for him. He’s probably good enough to be part of our first-team squad now, if we’re only looking at raw talent, but he needs to get minutes in his legs and show that he can maintain form, focus, stamina and professionalism across a whole season (and I think a lot of players miss that point when we send them out on loan: we know what we need to about them talent-wise by that point - what we’re looking to see is how they conduct themselves professionally and whether we can count on them before we stake our season on them). So far he hasn’t played more than half a season anywhere.

We bought him off the back of just 13 starts in the tail-end of his first season for St Etienne. Then he missed more than half of his loan-back season through injury and the pandemic. Then he missed half of last season through no fault of his own (it’s now come out that we did in fact have a season-long loan arranged for him with Rennes last summer, only for them to pull the plug on the last day of the window and bring Rugani in instead, leaving us with no time to arrange anything else). And before anyone says the full-season test doesn’t matter, just look how Gabriel, who is 3 years ahead of him in his development, fell away in he second half of last season after such a strong start.

Also worth noting that Saliba was given the choice of which loan move he wanted, and he opted for the comfort and familiarity of a move back to France instead of one the PL options that were on the table - that tells me that the player himself maybe doesn’t believe that he’s quite ready for the step up to the Prem yet, in spite of what he might say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guendouzi also agrees a 4 year deal with Marseilles…

https://arseblog.news/2021/07/report...for-guendouzi/

€11m in total (loan with an obligation).

Honestly, best of luck to the kid - I genuinely hope he manages to find that bit of maturity he needs to make something of what could still be a promising career. Don’t fuck this one up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Turkish club president that we transferred Ozil too claimed that he hasnt cost them a penny in wages since he arrived, so we havent even got that load off our wage bill either. We owed Ozil plenty give that we refused him a testimonial. We are probably paying for his leg and armpit waxing till today. This club is run by morons. The stupidity amd sleaze didnt end when dodgy Raul left
    Make 2mrw better than 2day