User Tag List

Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer '21 transfer lunacy and overpayment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's lots of things that worry me about us right now. But selling Guendouzi for 10 million isn't one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...0.html?newsnow

I just dont get this.

If we dont want Guendouzi, why not just sell the guy??

We could put the money towards someone else. Personally, I would have him back at the club. He shows passion and commitment whenever he plays for us.

It is the same with Saliba. Just make up your mind Mikel, sell him or bring him back.
    It’s a loan with an obligation to buy so pretty much a sale with some creative accounting…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathl...doQi%3Famp%3D1

Saliba is very much just a loan - we’ve not even included an option to buy in that one so it would seem that he’s still in our plans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Or maybe no one else wants him so we take the only offer on the table...

None of us know what went on behind the scenes but has to be more to it than just his reaction to Maupay's challenge on Leno.
    Mate, that whole thing about his reaction to Maupay’s challenge on Leno is a myth. I remember one of the match reports at the time (I think it was Arseblog?) very clearly stating that the only person in our entire cowardly team to give Maupay any shit for it… was Leno… from his stretcher! All Guendouzi did was throw a tantrum at the final whistle because he couldn’t handle losing. It wasn’t this heart-on-his-sleeve moment that it's been built up to be, where he was the only one who stood up for a fallen team mate - it was just another example of him being a petulant child.

(Edit: I don't even think his tantrum is what got him dumped from the team? As I understand it he carried on raging and gobbing off at the manager and the coaching staff after the game, and then refused to back down and apologise, despite being given numerous opportunities over the following days / weeks to do so. He basically kept himself our of the team through nothing more than pride and lack of professionalism.)

As you say, if it was just admirable fire and passion then where was the rest of Europe’s interest in this supreme talent, especially at such a bargain price? The fact is no one else went near him because they know he’s a disruptive liability who can’t be counted on. Honestly, he needs to sort this attitude of his out fast - he could still carve himself out a top career, but he's got an uphill battle ahead of him because everyone is well aware of how many fall-outs he’s had with different managers now. He really needs to watch his step at Marseille because Sampaoli isn’t going to take any of his shit and he really can’t afford for this one to go south too…
    Last edited by I am invisible; 07-07-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One down.

Sambi Lokonga has supposedly had his medical too, so that one also sounds like it’s nearly over the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    a promising young defender - hope he likes being sent out on loan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone heard anything new or interesting on the main CM signing? Sounds like Locatelli is the club’s first choice, but that feels like a long shot. Links to Neves have also been persistent. Not convinced we’re pushing hard for Bissouma - all the noise with that one seems to be coming from the fans - and I don’t think we were ever seriously after Berge. Best guess there is we *maybe* inquired as an alternative to Lokonga, but never followed it up after being told the asking price). Anyone got any guesses here? Wouldn’t be at all surprised if we went for someone that no one has mentioned yet.

Completely lost on who we might be after in attacking midfield? The rumour mill is currently stuck on Maddison and Aouar, but I’m not sure I can quite picture either of those happening (for different reasons). Very different players too. If our earlier interest in Buendia was legit then that would suggest that we’re looking at more of a wide creative / goal-scorer, but knows? There may be multiple plans in place for the shape of our attack depending on who we can get?

Haven’t heard a thing about RB - a few shots in the dark, but nothing close to credible. Hopefully we’ll start hearing more on that one once we see some concrete movement on Bellerin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think we're waiting to flog a few players first before making more moves. Sounds like we're standing firm on Xhaka and Bellerin valuations, wonder how long we can realistically do that for. Glad we told Inter to do one with their loan and no purchase clause offer though. We ain't a charity.

I reckon we'll end up with Neves for CM. No idea on right back, before the summer I wanted Hakimi but had no idea he was 80 mil! The Aarons rumours have gone quiet but he'd be a decent option, albeit with the English premium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for us - I’m not having Inter pleading poverty after raking in 80m for Hakimi! Mourinho can pony up too - he loves spending money.

Yeah I guess the smart money is probably on Neves at this point. Although if Locatelli dives to get an England player sent off tonight and then scores the winning goal with a handball then obviously that one is nailed on!
    Last edited by I am invisible; 11-07-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50m for White is a bit mad. This is either a genius move that pays back in the long term, or we've had our pants pulled down.