User Tag List

Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer '21 transfer lunacy and overpayment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post

Partey is world class, though - you have to trust that.
    I trust my eyes, he's sometimes a decent footballer but inconsistent, makes poor decisions and as for his shooting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Tammy Abraham - views?

if you'd asked me the season before last, i'd say definitely interested, but i recall he missed a few sitters last season and let's face it if you can be pushed out of the starting eleven by Werner you've got problems...

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticUK/st...79266672529410
    Tbf they changed coach and the two of them are very different strikers - Chelsea fans seem to view Abraham as little more than a box poacher whereas Werner, for all of his finishing woes, gets more involved all over the pitch, so he might have been the better instant-fit for how Tuchel wanted to play.

I dunno… this one doesn’t really excite me, but there might be something there we could work with? As he currently is, I think we’d be buying little more than a taller Nketiah, so if there is genuine interest on our part then we must be looking at it in terms of raw attributes that we need for a specific job? He has presence and he has pace so we might be looking at doing the same work with him that we did with Laca [trying to get him more involved with build-up / hold-up play]? Gotta say, £40m sounds steep given that there’s still development work to do.

Another link with another HG player though - does make you wonder if there’s some big, post-Brexit quota change coming down the line. Feels like we’re armouring ourselves against something here…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I trust my eyes, he's sometimes a decent footballer but inconsistent, makes poor decisions and as for his shooting...
    He was exceptional at Atletico - it’s the Arsenal team he walked into that was shit.

Just give him a chance to shine. He didn’t have any preseason with us last year after signing on the last day of the window, he got injured almost straight away, and was then rushed back too soon, so I doubt he’s been fully fit at any point last year. He’s had to move country and relocate his life in the middle of a pandemic, which must have been annoying AF, and he’s walked into a club and a team in chaos.

When he has played, he’s usually had to fill in as a 6 and stay camped in front of the defence rather than play the box-to-box role that he’s best at, and he’s very often ended up as a one-man midfield as his partner has either had to drop off to cover LB or has been totally fucking useless. All of our CMs have also had to spend way to much time coming deep to take the ball off the CBs to start moves, and they’ve been left with far too much ground to cover because our paceless CBs can’t play too high without leaving themselves exposed (why someone like White is absolutely a priority signing IMO).

And, yes, his shooting is awful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t tell Mac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Don’t tell Mac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Another season to look forward to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ben White has finally signed. And just to really wind up the Saliba fan club he's been given the no. 4 shirt as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Ben White has finally signed. And just to really wind up the Saliba fan club he's been given the no. 4 shirt as well
    saliba