User Tag List

Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer '21 transfer lunacy and overpayment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Phew! Only Arsenal can drag a done deal out for a month.

Excited about this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Roma's last offer for Xhaka was 12 million euros plus some add ons. Can see why we've told them to shove it. Frustrating though, thought we were finally moving on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Ben White has finally signed. And just to really wind up the Saliba fan club he's been given the no. 4 shirt as well
    The Cult of Saliba need to let this go - just let the kid develop in peace and get behind White and the other CBs in the meantime.

I get it - we all wanted to believe the “next Varane” hype, esp. at a time when we desperately needed a good CB to come in and save us, but the reality is he’s just a highly-rated prospect that Raul massively overpaid for (again) and he should never have had the pressure of that price tag heaped on him.

Fwiw, I still think there’ll be a place for him here - for one thing he’ll count as home-grown by the time this current loan ends, and that sounds like it could be a big tick for him - but for now getting regular minutes under his belt is going to be far more beneficial to him than sitting on our bench as 4th choice CB. Final test for him now is to see if he can maintain form and fitness across more than half a season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Roma's last offer for Xhaka was 12 million euros plus some add ons. Can see why we've told them to shove it. Frustrating though, thought we were finally moving on
    Yeah, Roma can go fuck themselves for 12m - Edu needs to get on the phone and start sounding out other options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody else seems remotely interested in Xhaka. I hear we are now planning to offer him a new contract...at an increased level no doubt because that what we always do. A year from now we wont be able to give Xhaka away for free
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I’d be surprised if Xhaka signs any extension. My take on it is he was ready to storm out in a huff in Dec 19 and was even prepared to drop as far as Hertha Berlin to get out - I think what happened then is that Arteta talked him down from the ledge with the promise of getting him a better move in the summer if he gave him 6 good months, and then the pandemic hit and we all ended up stuck with each other for another year as the market collapsed.

At this point I don’t think there’s any part of Xhaka that is remotely interested in signing an extension, and I’m sure he’s quite aware that the main reason he’d be offered one would be to protect his value if we can’t sell this summer. He wants an easy out so it’s really not in his interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd pay them 12m euros to take the f****r off our hands tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I'd pay them 12m euros to take the f****r off our hands tbh
    Wouldn't go that far but would take the 12m and run laughing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Wouldn't go that far but would take the 12m and run laughing
    Totally, let's just clear him out and then it paves the way for more recruiting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City have bid 100m for Grealish.

After the fun of the Euros, I forgot how stupid football is and that it’s all starting again in a couple of weeks.