User Tag List

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer '21 transfer lunacy and overpayment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    We had 200m at the start of this window but our braniacs have squandered most of it on a short CB and giving Xhaka an improved deal, retaining El Neny and various other dumb decisions. I still would have preferred Zidane. Just imagine having that lean dapper fellow on our sidelines. The push we would get from that alone would be worth 80m in shirt sales. Id probably buy all 3 with his name on the back. The president of Rwanda would also be back in our happy camp too
    Not sure why Zidane the manager would necessarily have an impact. He has only managed at Madrid. Madrid have high class players. i doubt he would have the same effect at Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    And it’s official.

Bonkers.
    £12.8m sounds a steal for a still quality player goal scorer for 2 years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Not sure why Zidane the manager would necessarily have an impact. He has only managed at Madrid. Madrid have high class players. i doubt he would have the same effect at Arsenal.
    Zidane was the manager of the B team at Madrid before he became head coach. What are you saying?. Good coaches are less effective than coaches with no experience? or that Arsenal can only work with average coaches now due to some congenital condition within the club. In all walks of life having actually done the job before should be a requirement. It usually is in most managerial interviews. Who but Arsenal would think a complete novice is the best candidate for anything but an intern vacancy. Maybe having a good head of hair is what impresses our hierarchy. Certainly seems that way based on our last 2 appointments. If thats the case. Zidane wont get a look in
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess if anyone’s going to be stupid enough to invest hundreds of millions in a long-term youth strategy, and then immediately hire Zidane or Conte to burn it down, it’s the Kroenkes…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I guess if anyone’s going to be stupid enough to invest hundreds of millions in a long-term youth strategy, and then immediately hire Zidane or Conte to burn it down, it’s the Kroenkes…
    hiring someone who knows what they're doing will get the best out of those youth players

personally i'm not such a fan of Zidane but would take Conte for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    hiring someone who knows what they're doing will get the best out of those youth players

personally i'm not such a fan of Zidane but would take Conte for sure
    We’d all have taken Conte, but working with kids isn’t his MO and we’re committed to this now. Start thinking of names with a track record of development would be my advice - it’ll make the disappointment easier when it comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some good news finally - btw this serves as another humiliation for Arteta and Edu who so wanted him at Arsenal

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/s...14144324423682

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wonder if there's any chance we could revive that Xhaka sale, though having offered him a new contract i guess that would be too much of a u-turn for Arteta and Edu to cope with - another example of extreme incompetence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i wonder if there's any chance we could revive that Xhaka sale, though having offered him a new contract i guess that would be too much of a u-turn for Arteta and Edu to cope with - another example of extreme incompetence
    they would have the say it was to protect his value although if we are going to get rid his value probably down 10m anyway. Xhaka isnt the only reason for our failures but getting rid would sort of signal and end of an era so we could rebuild without him hanging over us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AMN everton want him but we don't want to let him go or play him. What fun.