User Tag List

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer '21 transfer lunacy and overpayment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s just another example of him trying to run the club like we’re Man City. Pep might be able to torch players like that - cut their throats, you’re dead, onto the next buy - but you can’t keep doing that shit at Arsenal. We don’t have the wallet for it, and the squad is starting to fill up with his unsuccessful assassination attempts now…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I just dont know what Arteta thinks he will achieve here. Some of the players just then leave on a free when we could have got money for them. They obviously cause problems for squad morale if he doesnt want them and its not exactly a ringing endorsement for new players to join us if they think thats what hte manager will do to them.

Again, pinch of salt here, but according to newspaper reports, we could have generated 80m in transfer fees for some players like AMN, Nketiah, Xhaka but we have rejected that. Now most will leave for free & Arteta wont even play them. It’s just lunacy
    Yeah, I’d take that with a truck-load of salt. We had an offer of 9m (euros) for Xhaka, 11m for Nketiah and Everton’s offer for Ainsley was apparently a 2 year loan without so much as an option to buy at the end of it. Bellerin is going to be a loan, Nelson is going to be a loan, and we’re probably going to have to buy out Kola and Willian. Have there been offers for anyone else? Probably not 60m’s worth, I’m guessing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    AMN is good midfielder and potentially a great one. I hope he can get out of the club and go somewhere that will allow him to progress.
    No he isn't. He played enough games in Midfield at West Brom last season and didn't amount to much. He is a decent enough RB though under the right coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Apaprently in for some Japanese fella from Bologna.
    Right back.

Any good? Who knows?

Will it matter? Probably not

Hotel? Trivago.
    From the reviews I have read and the bits on You Tube i have seen he looks a very good prospect. He is highly regarded too...but he has Arteta as his new Coach so he will probably not amount to much. I think the potential in these new signings is very good, they just need a decent coach to develop / have them performing at a high level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    No he isn't. He played enough games in Midfield at West Brom last season and didn't amount to much. He is a decent enough RB though under the right coach.
    i agree - the irony is he's convinced he's a midfielder which is really holding back his career

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nelson to Feyenoord on loan.

Bellers to Real Betis on loan.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i agree - the irony is he's convinced he's a midfielder which is really holding back his career
    He’s nuts! As a fullback he was making it into the national side ffs - as a midfielder he barely scraped interest from West Brom on loan (and even then his manager said he should go back to Arsenal and play whatever role he was given). Really think he’s shot himself in the foot with that Insta post - whatever his grievance with Arteta, any potential buyer will take a really dim view of that. It’s like some unspoken code between clubs - a line you don’t cross.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    He’s nuts! As a fullback he was making it into the national side ffs - as a midfielder he barely scraped interest from West Brom on loan (and even then his manager said he should go back to Arsenal and play whatever role he was given). Really think he’s shot himself in the foot with that Insta post - whatever his grievance with Arteta, any potential buyer will take a really dim view of that. It’s like some unspoken code between clubs - a line you don’t cross.
    i'm a bit more split on that, it's maybe not wise of him but equally I think it's symptomatic of a club that's completely lost control and is hopelessly mismanaged.

Ollie was right to say above that this'll be really bad for morale at the club - loads of sulky players hanging around seeing Xhaka no doubt get straight back into the team when he's served his ban...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    From the reviews I have read and the bits on You Tube i have seen he looks a very good prospect. He is highly regarded too...but he has Arteta as his new Coach so he will probably not amount to much. I think the potential in these new signings is very good, they just need a decent coach to develop / have them performing at a high level.
    He looks a really good modern defender from the bits I’ve seen - fast, two-footed, comfortable on the ball, decent in the air. He also looks like the Japanese Ben White. Are we actually signing him as a RB, or is this a reaction to the absolute shit show of the opening 3 games in central defence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    He looks a really good modern defender from the bits I’ve seen - fast, two-footed, comfortable on the ball, decent in the air. He also looks like the Japanese Ben White.
    aren't those statements contradictory?