User Tag List

Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer '21 transfer lunacy and overpayment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    More likely it’s because he’s down to his final year and can smell that free transfer next summer…
    hmmm he isnt exactly Mbappe.... a season of not playing isnt going to get that many interested parties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both by the sounds of it. Your guess is as good as mine here, but at least we have a couple more options than we had yesterday…
    well hopefully he isnt as bad as some other japanese players we have purchased in the past

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    hmmm he isnt exactly Mbappe.... a season of not playing isnt going to get that many interested parties.
    He couldn’t get many less, that’s for sure.

Kolasinac has just done the exact same thing! Priced himself out of the move he wanted to Fenerbache with demands of 3m a year, 3 year contract and a 3m signing on fee! Idiots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Japanese fella is confirmed.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    well hopefully he isnt as bad as some other japanese players we have purchased in the past
    Oh good God, I forgot about the school boy! Thought it was just Inamoto for a second there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    The Japanese fella is confirmed.
    He could well be the chink in our armour

Am I doing this right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bellerin was sent on loan to Real Betis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so there’s a couple of profile pieces out there now about Tomiyasu - sounds like he’s quick, v. good at 1v1s, calm in possession, a good distributor with both feet and strong in the air (6’2, fwiw).

As a RB, it sounds like he’s going to be more defensive than offensive, so if I had to guess at the thinking here I would say this is to a) balance Tierney down the left and free him up to get up and down that side with less worries, and b) protect our big, centrepiece defensive investment in White by bracketing him with two fast, aerially dominant players.

I think we might get away without the rampaging attacking RB because Ødegaard naturally drifts towards the right allowing him to double-up with the winger on that side. That’s probably bad news for Pepe, who I think really needs that overlapping fullback to be effective - think we’ll probably see Saka on the right now.

Whether it will work like that in practice is another matter, but that’s my thoughts on why we’ve gone for this guy.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 01-09-2021 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so there’s a couple of profile pieces out there now about Tomiyasu - sounds like he’s quick, v. good at 1v1s, calm in possession, a good distributor with both feet and strong in the air (6’2, fwiw).

As a RB, it sounds like he’s going to be more defensive than offensive, so if I had to guess at the thinking here I would say this is to a) balance Tierney down the left and free him up to get up and down that side with less worries, and b) protect our big, centrepiece defensive investment in White by bracketing him with two fast, aerially dominant players.

I think we might get away without the rampaging attacking RB because Ødegaard naturally drifts towards the right allowing him to double-up with the winger on that side. That’s probably bad news for Pepe, who I think really needs that overlapping fullback to be effective - think we’ll probably see Saka on the right now.

Whether it will work like that in practice is another matter, but that’s my thoughts on why we’ve gone for this guy.
    all logical but i can't help wondering if Arteta and Edu are capable of that level of detail...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    all logical but i can't help wondering if Arteta and Edu are capable of that level of detail...
    I don’t think Arteta sees anything but detail sometimes! He’s so laser-focussed on it that he doesn’t see anything else, and then misses the blindingly obviously because he’s so zoomed in. Sometimes you just need to play a striker as a striker, etc…