Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ESR just came on for England

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    £45m for Sterling - that is very tempting. definitely would enhance our team and squad. also while we are still have a good chance of top 4... he could be interested.
    Bloody hell!. Arsenal fans never learn. Always looking for someone to replace Ozil in the idle waster category. No please to Sterling
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    ESR just came on for England

Thought this was the general Arsenal thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Thought this was the general Arsenal thread

Thanks a lot, Letters - if he gets sold now it’s your fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    no we've got better than him in Saka and ESR
    Yeah, hard to see where he fits atm? Can’t see us spending £45m on a wide attacker when we already have Saka and ESR there, and I think we’ll be after a different profile for CF.

Doesn’t seem to fit the recent financial profile either - wages would be too high and there’d be no resale value to protect the investment. This one’s not adding up for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Thanks a lot, Letters - if he gets sold now it’s your fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Yeah, hard to see where he fits atm? Can’t see us spending £45m on a wide attacker when we already have Saka and ESR there, and I think we’ll be after a different profile for CF.

Doesn’t seem to fit the recent financial profile either - wages would be too high and there’d be no resale value to protect the investment. This one’s not adding up for me.
    Hes a quality player. Hes only 26. Wages yes will be high but surely you want options beyond over using esr or saka until burn out. You can put esr in the laca role as well

Its about options and flexibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no we've got better than him in Saka and ESR
    Lol, neither Saka or ESR are anywhere near Sterling, they don't post similar numbers to him and haven't done it on the big stage. Sterling would be a risky signing (money wise) but potentially a very good one for us. He is still only 26, he has a good few years left at the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Lol, neither Saka or ESR are anywhere near Sterling, they don't post similar numbers to him and haven't done it on the big stage. Sterling would be a risky signing (money wise) but potentially a very good one for us. He is still only 26, he has a good few years left at the top.
    well it's a debate as to whether they'll get to being as good as him at his age, but Sterling is notoriously inconsistent, plus he woudl deny them the chance to keep a regular place in the side. We're jsust off fourth with this side, let's see what they can do (plus a new striker in Jan maybe).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well it's a debate as to whether they'll get to being as good as him at his age, but Sterling is notoriously inconsistent, plus he woudl deny them the chance to keep a regular place in the side. We're jsust off fourth with this side, let's see what they can do (plus a new striker in Jan maybe).
    Sterling was miles better than either player at their current age, he has been consistently one of the best wide players in Europe since he was a teenager. Whether either Saka or ESR can post up similar stats remains to be seen but if they can we would have two top players on our hands. Saka and ESR whilst young, are both very inconsistent too, far from the finished products. I like Saka and ESR but they are not better than Sterling, certainly not now and Sterling was a top level talent as a teenager. He might not be as prolific right now...but he has world class competition for starting places at City, players like him are more than good enough for us.

I'm not totally for signing Sterling, but if we did, I would play him on the right or left and move ESR to number 10 and bench Odegaard permanently.
    Last edited by selassie; 02-12-2021 at 04:21 PM.