User Tag List

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer '21 transfer lunacy and overpayment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only Arsenal could be trying to sign a keeper currently serving a 12 month suspension!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Linked to Sterling. Hmmm

Quality player but 1) expensive 2) will cost alot 3) can we afford it 4) other than us being a london club why would he want to join us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Linked to Sterling. Hmmm

Quality player but 1) expensive 2) will cost alot 3) can we afford it 4) other than us being a london club why would he want to join us.
    I would take Sterling all day long. But this will be our annual chase for a player and miss out at the last minute because we will not pay the extra £1.00

As I have said before, we have got a few good young players that could be the foundation of something special. We just need to sign one or two big names to get the right mix.

We can afford it, Stan is a Billionaire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where does Sterling even play now? Is he still a winger, or has he made the switch to CF?

Personally, I'd only consider it if we can get Willian and one of (maybe both) Aubameyang or Lacazette off the wage bill. Otherwise I don't think we have any right to be going near anyone on £300k/wk+ wages (especially as at 26/27 his value will plummet by the end of whatever contract he signs).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Where does Sterling even play now? Is he still a winger, or has he made the switch to CF?

Personally, I'd only consider it if we can get Willian and one of (maybe both) Aubameyang or Lacazette off the wage bill. Otherwise I don't think we have any right to be going near anyone on £300k/wk+ wages (especially as at 26/27 his value will plummet by the end of whatever contract he signs).
    Hmm but at that age you’d think Sterling has a lot left in the tank, so it would be a more calculated move than Willian who was past it and we were just relying on his “experience”. I agree though we have to shift some big earners first before we can even think about Sterling and more big contracts

From a footballing perspective though there’s no doubt Sterling is better than every single player we have in that position. Imagine having him and Saka on either side of the pitch doing their thing?

Never going to happen but it’s silly season and we can have a bit of fun eh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "He's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming, Kolo's coming home

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...e-b938615.html

Hopefully, West Ham will want him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Hmm but at that age you’d think Sterling has a lot left in the tank, so it would be a more calculated move than Willian who was past it and we were just relying on his “experience”. I agree though we have to shift some big earners first before we can even think about Sterling and more big contracts
    feelFrom a footballing perspective though there’s no doubt Sterling is better than every single player we have in that position. Imagine having him and Saka on either side of the pitch doing their thing?

Never going to happen but it’s silly season and we can have a bit of fun eh!
    Yeah, it's a nice thought.

Tbh though, I'm finding it really difficult to judge just how good / bad our attackers have been at the moment - the team has been so disjointed and unbalanced for so much of the season (playing without creatives for the first 14 games, having no first-choice RB, losing Tierney every 3rd game, having no passers in the back line when Luiz is out, problems linking midfield to attack when Partey is out, etc, etc) that it's hard to say how much of our attacking woes are actually down to them and how much is the team being dysfunctional?

I'm not even sure where Saka is going to play next season, yet? He's looked good on the right, but Pepe is also starting to find his feet there, and if we end up going for someone like Buendia then he also plays / covers that side - wouldn't be at all surprised if we see Saka back on the left next year. Wherever he plays, though, they need to keep him there - can't keep bouncing him around like this forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post

Think Lazio were meant to be after him.

Whatever, though. We either sell him or pay him to fuck off - either way I don't see him being here for long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post

thought you meant Kolo Toure until i read the story

bad news though, another one we need to ship out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bit surprised you're all so keen on Sterling btw, for me he seems ot have gone right off form plus he's a bit of a diver - really not sure we want to take him on at large expense