User Tag List

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: Summer '21 transfer lunacy and overpayment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Chambers is a much better option at RB IMO, I'd be quite happy with him being the second option, he's less convincing in central defence though, although i recall last time he was there hwe was surrounded by morons lke Luiz, Xhaka, etc
    I’d have Chambers in over Cedric, no questions, but he still kind of feels like a “that’ll do” solution. Plus any kind of modest bid and I think he’ll be gone too - really doesn’t look like he’s in our plans at all.

Probably the closest like-for-like we have for Tomi right now is White (and vice versa for White at CB), but we’d have to be talking about a handful of games and nothing long-term. Still feel like we need a signing here.

Interesting that Ainsley isn’t even in this convo any more - guess he’s finally got everyone thinking of him as a CM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We expecting anything to happen with strikers this window? Auba looks like he’s played his last game for us, but I’m not sure I see anyone coming the other way until the summer.

Which puts us in a really weak position with Laca and Eddie - might not be able to sell either in Jan now, so I can see there being a contract offer for one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like AMN could be going on loan to Roma.

Arteta hates him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AMN is 100 times better than Xhaka. Quite how Xhaka even plays at the highest level is a miracle.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    AMN is 100 times better than Xhaka. Quite how Xhaka even plays at the highest level is a miracle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both need need new challenges tbh - by next season I expect they’ll both be gone.

My feeling on Xhaka was always that we extended his contract to defer his move for a year, hoping that there will be more money in the market next summer.

And with Ainsley, I don’t see him taking us to the next level as a starting midfielder, and I don’t think his primary motivation is doing what the team needs as a squad player, so I’m not sure where we go with him? I think he wants a settled position to make his own, but I just don’t see what options are open to him in this team where he doesn’t still end up as a backup / squad player?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Both need need new challenges tbh - by next season I expect they’ll both be gone.

My feeling on Xhaka was always that we extended his contract to defer his move for a year, hoping that there will be more money in the market next summer.

And with Ainsley, I don’t see him taking us to the next level as a starting midfielder, and I don’t think his primary motivation is doing what the team needs as a squad player, so I’m not sure where we go with him? I think he wants a settled position to make his own, but I just don’t see what options are open to him in this team where he doesn’t still end up as a backup / squad player?
    Ainsley not going to play regularly so he is at an age where he could get game time at a Villa or Everton and there is nothing wrong with that.

Auba to Newcastle?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumours that Auba could be off to Newcastle.
    Off you pop