Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manure Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manure Match Reaction

Don't know what to say.
    Not a terrible performance, however, so predictable that we would lose. Our defence looks as shaky as ever and we always look likely to concede.
    Partey, Elneny, Odegaard, Auba are terrible.
    Tavares likes to give the ball away too much and cannot cross the ball.
    The plusses, Martinelli, ESR, Tommy.
    Arteta undone by a bigger Rookie than himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of predictable. I thought the best we could hope for was a draw and I was proven right unfortunately. I thought we started the game well and were the better team for the first half hour, then we resorted into conceeding posession and inviting pressure, we aren't good enough to do this against half decent teams, I don't know why we do it!

Second half was messy and a bit chaotic...how I thought it was going to be from the off.

I am not angry, just resigned to the fact we haven't really made a lot of obvious progress. If anything i see clear flaws in the team now that weren't so evident last season, it's likely because we have a manager who isn't good enough, I dunno.

We need to freshen things up for Monday against Everton but I see a loss there too now...they have some half decent players and will want to get back to winning ways so it's written in the stars.
    Last edited by selassie; 02-12-2021 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predictable. Not much more to say.

Some work experience coach gets the one and only 3 points of his career against us. Classic Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, they lost. What a surprise. I watched the first half because I was fed up listening to shit about Covid. Turns out reading the Guardian is actually more entertaining than watching Arsenal, which is obviously impossible yet somehow Arsenal achieves it.

I wish this bunch of imposter fucks would go away and let us enjoy the memories.

I'm thinking the Utd fans feel the same way. The ones who haven't just been shat out of woke school, at least.

Man Utd vs Arsenal - those were the days.

Long gone.

Replaced by... whatever that shit was.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    LOL, they lost. What a surprise. I watched the first half because I was fed up listening to shit about Covid. Turns out reading the Guardian is actually more entertaining than watching Arsenal, which is obviously impossible yet somehow Arsenal achieves it.

I wish this bunch of imposter fucks would go away and let us enjoy the memories.

I'm thinking the Utd fans feel the same way. The ones who haven't just been shat out of woke school, at least.

Man Utd vs Arsenal - those were the days.

Long gone.

Replaced by... whatever that shit was.
    Fuck me! The Guardian! Things must be bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Fuck me! The Guardian! Things must be bad
    Without humour there is no life.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Niall_Quinn;4549906]

NQ WTF does this have to do with losing to a struggling Man U and having a mediocre manager??

Using racist epithets for everyone is still being racist- stop trying to be clever by half on this.

Honestly, WTF does this have to do with the predictable rubbish we witnessed yesterday?

I doubted anything could get me more pissed off than the predictable result... well done!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I will say is that we didn't fall apart at 3-2, we did keep going and tried to get something. But we do struggle to create clear chances and Auba increasingly fluffs his lines. It wasn't a disaster of a performance but it was a chance to get a result to make a statement and move in to the top 4 so of course we lost. The key thing, like after the Liverpool game, is how we react. Everton are there for the taking but we are notoriously generous in such situations.
    Still Arteta In for me, but I want to see how we do in the next month where we have some banana skins. I still think that after the top 3 we are as good as anyone, but I'm not sure what progress there has been, if any

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, it's quite damning about the quality of this league - or rather the unequal balance of it - that no-one outside the top 4 has a positive goal difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bar is low enough this year for us to finish 4th. However when opportunities like this present themselves we usually find a way to ensure we fall short.

Auba is a waste of space up front on his own, he can’t hold the ball up and doesn’t have the energy to press. He needs to play with Lacazette so he can just focus on doing what he can do well and that’s be on the end of an attack.

Not sure why Tavares is getting the nod ahead of Tierney, he’s nowhere near as good.

Also bringing on Eddie when he rejected a contract was weird. Bit of insult to Pepe who while being unpredictable is a lot more capable of making something happen.

Arteta got it completely wrong last night.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 03-12-2021 at 09:17 AM.