Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but it funny too
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein reckons we're going for Ben White but it will cost 40-50 mil. God knows where that sort of money is coming from for a position we're well stocked in.

There has been a consistent message from journos that we're after a right CB this summer though so must be some truth in it.

Either Saliba is out or I am wondering if Holding might be moved on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Ornstein reckons we're going for Ben White but it will cost 40-50 mil. God knows where that sort of money is coming from for a position we're well stocked in.

There has been a consistent message from journos that we're after a right CB this summer though so must be some truth in it.

Yeah, he’s not the first CB we’ve been linked with either - Kounde, Tapsoba, Adarabioyo, Andersen, etc.

I can see our CB interest being genuine - we’ve tightened up a great deal at the back, but to play the way we want to be playing we need our CB s to be athletes (maybe even more so than the CMs), confident on the ball and strong passers, and I’m not sure any of our lot are the complete package? Saliba’s actually the closest we have in terms of profile we want, but he’s got by far the least experience, so still far from ideal.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 12-06-2021 at 06:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Either Saliba is out or I am wondering if Holding might be moved on.
    I guess it’s also worth keeping in mind that Saliba has played mostly at LCB so far (even though he’s a right footer) and that we might want enough options to play 3 at the back when we need to?

Edit: fwiw I think you might be right - I’m just not feeling the love for Saliba coming out of the club - but let’s see what happens. He might come back and wow everyone and force a rethink.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 12-06-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why have i never heard of Ben White - or that guy Bellingham (?) either...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't say I'd noticed White this season either to be honest. Hell of a lot of money for someone with 1 season in the Prem under their belt.

Bellingham is a gem, the big English clubs missed a trick with him. He'll come back to England in a couple of years for a big fee. Not even turned 18 yet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard a lot of people raving about White when he was with Leeds in the Championship the season before last (along with Bellingham, Eze, Olise, etc) - didn’t really bother watching him, but tbf he has made it into the national side after just one full season in the Prem, so I guess he must be doing something right?

Brighton are no mugs defensively either - they just don’t have anyone who can score!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of which, we should be all over Olise, even if we buy to loan him straight back to Reading to continue his development. He’ll either make it with us or he’ll sell for good money - either way it’s good business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    €15m bid for Lokonga rejected by Anderlecht, but it’s opened the door for talks. Anderlecht holding out for €20m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    €15m bid for Lokonga rejected by Anderlecht, but it’s opened the door for talks. Anderlecht holding out for €20m.
    Who??