User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match Reaction v Benfica ("away").

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The ineptitude of players at this level really does baffle me. How the hell do you miss the target from there? They don't even have the excuse of bad pitches and bobbles these days, the surface is always immaculate.

Then their was Tierney in the second half who after a good move just smashed an awful cross out of play.

I rate both these players but am continuously bemused at how poor players at this level are at basic skills.
    we both know those players have the 'basic skills' to do much better than they did last night.

so it's other factors.

Tierney's was probably just a one-off human error, maybe compounded by his only just returning to match fitness.

as for Auba, I personally would have started Laca yesterday and kept Auba for Citeh.

Arteta's far too prone to just keeping players on the pitch when they're doing well and running them into the ground.

hat-trick or not, he should have rested Auba last night for Laca.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auba aint gonna do shit against City. They are not Leeds.

I doubt if Ill have to eat my words. You cant get in behind their defence. You have to score from outside the box or naught.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Auba aint gonna do shit against City. They are not Leeds.

I doubt if Ill have to eat my words. You cant get in behind their defence. You have to score from outside the box or naught.
    Richarlison was about 2 feet out when he turned in that ball from Digne the other night (who was himself well inside the box)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to going out on away goals after playing both games over a 1000 miles away from our home stadium