User Tag List

Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 | 2021 Season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    So...is Hamilton really that good? The minute someone else has a better car he can't win for toffees.
    This is the problem I have with F1, for me sport should be about human endeavour, but F1 is a weird mix of technology and driver.
    I'm sure Hamilton is a good driver, but if he's got a better car than the others then that's got to help, and if this season he doesn't then obviously that's going to hamper him.
    In brief: give 'em all the same car, then we'll see who's actually the best at it.
    That would be the best wouldnt it and its more or less the case in indycar where all the cars are basically the same and the engines even have a power limit so no one has a powerplant advantage. There is so little else a team can change that is why a new driver wins every week. Indycar is damn boring though. Nothing but driving in circles and slipstreaming on the straights.

As far as Hamilton is concerned. As a black man myself I have a lot of sympathy and admiration for his achievements but not for him as a person. I like sportsmen who relish competition and Lewis does not appeal to me. He is a dedicated athlete and extremely good driver and I was kind of ambivalent towards him because I dont support anyone simply because of their skin colour but now am totally neutral because of his shenanigans when Rosberg was about to win the title in 2016 (i think) and he proceeded to slow walk the race in the hope that someone would help him defeat his own teammate.

He will go down in history just like Schuey did. The best of his generation. His time inevitably is coming to an end just as he took over in the late 00`s.

He is not as good as he thinks he is though. Nigel Mansell is my favourite driver....the flying moustache. The best thing to come out of Birmingham. He needs a knighthood. C`mon Maam...just do it.

Verstappens time has come and so for some others. There are a least 3 young drivers out there now who would be beating Lewis in the same car if Mercedes would let it happen. I dont see that happening unless this season is a complete wreck for them and they need a new no1 driver for 2025. Bottas may be on his way out.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 05-07-2021 at 11:57 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    just translating your post for you
    Put a sock in it you racist cunt.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    So how about Schumacher? Another decent (ruthless) driver in the best cars? No sure how you can label a 7 time champion as merely overhyped?
    Fabulous driver who proved it driving cars further down the grid, something Hamilton has never had to do. But then the Ferrari dominance set in so it didn't really matter if he was a great driver or not, such was the advantage of the car - which Hamilton has ALWAYS enjoyed.

Fair play to Hamilton in the last race though, when he acknowledged and seemed to enjoy the battle with Lando. When he does something good, which happens from time to time, I'll say so. For the other 99% of the time what can you really say about him? He has the best car and he's in the best team. That's the story of his career, maybe, finally, until now. If he wins this title then I'd acknowledge that as a significant achievement.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    That would be the best wouldnt it and its more or less the case in indycar where all the cars are basically the same and the engines even have a power limit so no one has a powerplant advantage. There is so little else a team can change that is why a new driver wins every week. Indycar is damn boring though. Nothing but driving in circles and slipstreaming on the straights.

As far as Hamilton is concerned. As a black man myself I have a lot of sympathy and admiration for his achievements but not for him as a person. I like sportsmen who relish competition and Lewis does not appeal to me. He is a dedicated athlete and extremely good driver and I was kind of ambivalent towards him because I dont support anyone simply because of their skin colour but now am totally neutral because of his shenanigans when Rosberg was about to win the title in 2016 (i think) and he proceeded to slow walk the race in the hope that someone would help him defeat his own teammate.

He will go down in history just like Schuey did. The best of his generation. His time inevitably is coming to an end just as he took over in the late 00`s.

He is not as good as he thinks he is though. Nigel Mansell is my favourite driver....the flying moustache. The best thing to come out of Birmingham. He needs a knighthood. C`mon Maam...just do it.

Verstappens time has come and so for some others. There are a least 3 young drivers out there now who would be beating Lewis in the same car if Mercedes would let it happen. I dont see that happening unless this season is a complete wreck for them and they need a new no1 driver for 2025. Bottas may be on his way out.
    +1 for Mansell. Rip-roaring driver and a great bloke. Competitive to the bone.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carlos Reutemann has died.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    British GP:

OUT in Q1:

TSU
    RAI
    LAT
    MSC
    MAZ
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OUT in Q2:

ALO
    GAS
    OCO
    GIO
    STR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAM TAKES POLE!!!

VER
    BOT

LEC
    PER
    NOR
    RIC
    RUS
    SAI
    VET

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think qualifying ought to be all the drivers running in clown shoes with mallets. They have water guns fired at them as they try to knock transexual dwarves off pedestals. First driver who makes it to the finish line starts last on the grid.

Well, face it, it can't be any stupider than what's happening now.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd watch it if it was like that, tbf