Thread: Formula 1 | 2021 Season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    VET has been disqualified!

HAM up to 2nd!
    Shame he didn't have the talent to do it on the track of course. But then again, so much of his success comes from technicalities.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I know quite a few, otherwise fit and healthy people who are still struggling. It's a really serious concern and a story that death stats won't tell you.
    What a fucking dope. He's actually buying into Sir Fuckwad's BS. LOL!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Shame he didn't have the talent to do it on the track of course. But then again, so much of his success comes from technicalities.
    You don’t win 99 races on technicalities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    You don’t win 99 races on technicalities
    Didn't realise he won 99 races yesterday. That's impressive. Or else it's an irrelevant distraction from the original point. I get that Hamilton fan boys like to fawn, but third place in the best car with all his opposition smashed out of the race by his whipping boy "teammate" isn't quite as impressive as his groupies claim.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Didn't realise he won 99 races yesterday. That's impressive. Or else it's an irrelevant distraction from the original point. I get that Hamilton fan boys like to fawn, but third place in the best car with all his opposition smashed out of the race by his whipping boy "teammate" isn't quite as impressive as his groupies claim.
    You said most of his success comes from technicalities and then when challenged say it’s irrelevant distraction. You always do that, say something, get challenged & then claim you weren’t talking about that in teh first place.

Maybe yesterday wasnt his best drive but there have been countless others where he has dominated the field through sheer skill alone. Like silverstone in 2008 when he finished over a minute ahead of 2nd. Turkey last year, he made intermediate tyres last way longer then anyone else to take a win in a car which was struggling on that track. K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said most of his success comes from technicalities and then when challenged say it’s irrelevant distraction. You always do that, say something, get challenged & then claim you weren’t talking about that in teh first place.

Maybe yesterday wasnt his best drive but there have been countless others where he has dominated the field through sheer skill alone. Like silverstone in 2008 when he finished over a minute ahead of 2nd. Turkey last year, he made intermediate tyres last way longer then anyone else to take a win in a car which was struggling on that track. K
    Yes you are right in this instance, I was mistakenly referring to a different post. But you then bollocks it up by saying I always do that which is a mistake on your part.

The technicalities I was referring to related to the car, not the regulations. Hamilton has always had a technical advantage when he's on the track. He's never tested himself beyond that advantage. Watching Alonso yesterday gave a clear demonstration of the difference between great and good. Imagine if Alonso had been sat in Hamilton's car and vice versa?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would that be the same alonso who had to resort to cheating to try & beat Hamilton in his first season? I think it was even at Hungary when he blocked Hamilton in qualifying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hamilton also does his own fair bit of shenanigan's but lets not dwell on that. Even the greatest ones, Schuey, Senna et al were not beyond sly games. The only thing thats grating is when he wins all of you fans get all het up with the buntings. Are you F1 fans or Hamilton fans?. Yesterday should all have been about Ocon doing a fantastic job instead its " Yippeee! Hamilton came from the back and almost won again, isnt he fantastic?". He isnt actually pumping a pedal car you know. I remember him whining like a bitch when Vettel was winning all those back to back titles. Complaining that it was making the sport predictable and boring. Now he wins 7 in a row, its all hunky dory.

On Saturday, he was slow out of the pits during Q3. Holding up the field and Verstappen in particular. He may have even contributed to one other driver not being able to cross the line in time for qualifying. Hamilton is no angel
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 02-08-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ocon's win was fantastic and it was superb drive defending against Vettel.

However, while it should be celebrated, teh biggest story in F1 is the title battle between Hamilton & Verstappen. of course, stories are going to focus more on that than Ocon’s win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would that be the same alonso who had to resort to cheating to try & beat Hamilton in his first season? I think it was even at Hungary when he blocked Hamilton in qualifying.
    Seriously? This is what you come up with after the last 2 races where Mercedes have closed the first gap to appear in years by taking their competition out rather than racing them? Again I'll say, stick Alonso in Hamilton's car and put Hamilton is an Alpine and see what you get. I'm betting Hamilton would retire the very next season because it's painful to listen to him bitching and moaning whenever he doesn't have a clear advantage on the track. Does it all the time. I've got no speed, I've got no power, these tyres are gone (right before he puts in a fastest lap). Everything's always against him, despite the massive advantage he has enjoyed since his debut. He could have focused on racing and being the best, but he had to take it off the track and stir up division with his woke bullshit and his outrageous claims of victimhood based on his skin colour. He's just not a nice human being even though he was parachuted into a top drive from day one and lives a life that most can only dream of. That's why I loathe the cunt. He's not a champion of the sport itself, he's a blight on it. And his fans are oblivious, they don't want to see it, they don't want to hear it. Or worse, they actually agree with his victim based bullshit.
    Für eure Sicherheit