User Tag List

Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 | 2021 Season

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. I’ve no idea if they followed the rules, I don’t follow it enough. But either way it was all a bit farcical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Genuinely struggling to process what I've seen here.

It’s like a football match, one team winning 4-3 with 1min to go, and the ref decides it’ll be decided by penalty shootout regardless. Rulebook torn up for sake of ‘the show’
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yeah, and a penalty shootout where one team has a major advantage because they just brought on their star strikers.
    Or it’s like Anfield ‘89 where instead of Thomas charging through the midfield the referee randomly stops the game and gives Arsenal a penalty while Dixon still has the ball before he’s even passed to Smith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rules are clear about the lapping of the safety car and when it then returns.

If the FIA now decide that they can just change the rules mid race to suit then, it opens up many more problems. Teams won’t be able to decide what strategy to follow next time as they can’t be sure if the FIA will just change the rules mid race

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, also. Is this really the way Verstappen wants to win his first title?
    Not his fault but he was clearly going to miss out and it was handed to him on a plate.
    Not either driver’s fault but makes a mockery of the whole event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I mean, also. Is this really the way Verstappen wants to win his first title?
    He's a complete narcissist, so he won't give a shit.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    but makes a mockery of the whole event.
    Yes but then the whole circus goes on and it stays in the record books that Ham didn't win and Verstappen did

The FIA fucked up and i suspect will protect the decision as they can't afford to admit it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only sensible decision is to count back one lap, Michael Masi apologises to everyone and resigns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the protest about verstappen overtaking under the safety car is thrown out.

That would have been harsh imo

The other protest is likely to be thrown out too but suspect Mercedes’ take that one to court. The rules are crystal clear so not sure how FIA can say they were followed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    The only sensible decision is to count back one lap, Michael Masi apologises to everyone and resigns.
    I agree with this. They effectively need to say the race ended when safety car deployed.

Verstappen was miles behind so can’t say it’s harsh as barring Hamilton crashing/puncture he was never catching him.

The one lap shootout was just bullshit