Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 | 2021 Season

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    The one lap shootout was just bullshit
    It would have been fine had they done it with Verstappen a certain number of seconds behind - they could have worked that out from the rate he was catching up.
    But just doing it with Verstappen right on his tail and with fresher tyres makes no sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It would have been fine had they done it with Verstappen a certain number of seconds behind - they could have worked that out from the rate he was catching up.
    But just doing it with Verstappen right on his tail and with fresher tyres makes no sense.
    I can understand the wanting to get a race to decide the title but no one can look at that and think it’s fair what they did.

If they red flagged it, both drivers on new tyres and it’s a fair fight.

Safety cars are part of F1 but changing the rules to make a race isn’t right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stewards say the race director is allowed to control use of the safety car so they have rejected Mercedes protest.

So if race director can do what he wants, why have they rules governing how cars can un lap themselves ?

This just sounds like a complete fudge to justify the race director handing verstappen the title

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also because they didn’t let the other cars unlap themselves, sainz wasn’t given a chance to be behind verstappen. He would have unlikely challenged him but still, why was verstappen given a free run but third place wasn’t?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm never watching a race again after that - total bullshit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I'm never watching a race again after that - total bullshit
    I’ve never really watched one before but yeah, I won’t be back.
    I’ve always been a bit confused by the mix of it being partly a driver competition and partly a team/constructor one. But you’d still expect a race to play out fairly.
    This afternoon’s nonsense made a mockery of the whole thing.
    They basically handed Verstappen a title he clearly wasn’t going to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salty Hamilton fans can go watch cricket. Next season will be ballistic with completely new cars on 18 inch rims. George Russell will give Sir Lewis plenty of sleepless nights. You'll be back
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NQ will be dancing in the streets of wherever he lives tonight.

With his nice pointy white hood on.
    Just a quick heads up to the two other mods. For the next time you see this wanker throwing his weight around with his mod stick, banishing "WUMs".

I deliberately didn't post today because I knew people would be gutted. But this so-called moderator can't help himself.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit why can’t you take a joke?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Salty Hamilton fans can go watch cricket. Next season will be ballistic with completely new cars on 18 inch rims. George Russell will give Sir Lewis plenty of sleepless nights. You'll be back
    I’m not an F1 fan at all. I guess I kinda wanted Hamilton to win but I didn’t really care.
    What happened yesterday would have been just as nonsensical had it happened the other way around.

Sport should be about who is the best person on the day.
    You don’t stop a 10,000 meter race with one lap to go where one athlete is 30 meters ahead and then have a sudden death lap with the person who was second suddenly right behind the one who was leading. Especially if the person who was second is given new shoes or something which gives them a clear advantage in that final lap. It’s just now how sport should be.