User Tag List

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 | 2021 Season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Watched this like many others because of the winner takes all element. First race I’ve ever watched from start to finish and had no idea what was going on, safe to say I won’t ever be watching F1 again. Awful sport.
    i used to watch the odd race from time to time but i'm done with it now - complete fix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    So the race director previously said the safety car must stay out as there is a requirement of the sporting regulations to wave all lapped cars.

So if he said that then, why can he now justify amending the rules

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/57...ng-safety-car/
    They are trying to argue semantics.

The rule book says "Any lapped cars" and they are arguing that "any" doesn't mean "all"
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    So the race director previously said the safety car must stay out as there is a requirement of the sporting regulations to wave all lapped cars.

So if he said that then, why can he now justify amending the rules

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/57...ng-safety-car/
    I was a lone voice explaining how shit F1 has become, for the same reasons the PL has become shit. One of the biggest problems has been the inconsistency in an overbearing set of rules that shouldn't exist in the first place. It's odd, nobody has moaned about those inconsistencies until now. But I'm all for going back and applying consistency across the board. Doubt Mercedes would be.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post

The rule book says "Any lapped cars" and they are arguing that "any" doesn't mean "all"
    The rule book also says the race director has the final say. that kinda trumps everything I`d wager
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    The rule book also says the race director has the final say. that kinda trumps everything I`d wager
    I guess it does.
    But what's the bloody point of a sport where the "referee" can basically change the outcome so blatantly.
    As I've said, I don't follow the sport. Maybe this sort of thing happens all the time. But it's a pretty stupid sport if so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post

Although Masi in that article states it does mean all lapped cars. I suspect if Mercedes’ do go down the court route, they will use that as precedent etc.

But the other issue is, if the race director gets to decide how to do it, why is it fair to effectively penalise 3 & 4th places who cant race as lapped cars not waved through? What happens if 4th place needed to finish 3rd for constructors championship points which equals prize money. masi effectively decided they cant race but only the front two can. That’s not sport and thats not the rules

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    quitters - the biggest steal in history

sport as entertainment instead of genuine fair competition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So masi has been sacked as race director.

Now if the FIA are going to maintain this myth that he acted within the rules, why are they sacking him?

And if htey are sacking him for not applying the rules correctly, how can they claim vertstappen is the legimate champion?