User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Burnley (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Xhaka should never play for this club again.

Also who ever was operating VAR needs to be sacked. How the fuck wasn’t that handball a penalty
    This

all of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat Spurs then lose to West Ham the following week. Just an ordinary team that on its day can beat anyone but that day only comes once a month. Will never get back into the top 4 if we can’t win multiple games on the bounce regularly.
    we'll lose to spuds we all know that

and we've no chance against West Ham either, they're actually quite good you know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    That first handball has to be a pen based on previous decisions this season. Wouldn't be against it changing in the future as it's played at point blank range, but that's not the point.

Don't know if all fans say this about their team, but we really have no luck whatsoever with the VAR decisions.
    The PGMOL have come out and said it wasnt a penalty because of proximity to the ball.

That’s fine to a certain extent but in this case it isn’t. On the replay, the Burnley player takes several steps towards the ball and as he moves, his arm goes out. That’s a penalty and proximatity is irrevlant as he sticks his arm out as he moves.

But then again, if the PGMOL are saying having your arms out wide isn’t handball if you stand close to the ball, all defenders might as well do that going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A team built around a bang average midfielder/captain who costs us every other match.

Why!? Watching him standing on the ball and trotting about like a horse out to stud is like pulling teeth. Transitions from the back to front are slower than track and trace. He’s not a pivot, he’s a rusty hinge. Cunt

And the one time in his Arsenal career Willian is playing “alright” he’s substituted and the player who was about to get sent off, and who is having a stinker doesn’t get replaced!
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    A team built around a bang average midfielder/captain who costs us every other match.

Why!? Watching him standing on the ball and trotting about like a horse out to stud is like pulling teeth. Transitions from the back to front are slower than track and trace. He’s not a pivot, he’s a rusty hinge. Cunt

And the one time in his Arsenal career Willian is playing “alright” he’s substituted and the player who was about to get sent off, and who is having a stinker doesn’t get replaced!
    i'm so glad it's not just me who sees this

all this BS about how Xhaka's playing 'better' is just that - BS - he's still clumsy and slows our play down immeasurably.

the sooner Arteta wakes up and smells the coffee about this accident-prone fake the better

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat Spurs then lose to West Ham the following week. Just an ordinary team that on its day can beat anyone but that day only comes once a month. Will never get back into the top 4 if we can’t win multiple games on the bounce regularly.
    I saw some league table from Christmas onwards where we were top 4.
    All a bit meaningless I guess, you obviously judge a season over the whole of it (and at the end )
    I do feel we are playing better right now and but for a Xhaka brainfart I think we'd have won easily today. It's a massively frustrating result and Xhaka should clearly be killed, but I'm a bit more optimistic about things that I was just before Christmas when we couldn't buy a win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    we'll lose to spuds we all know that
    Oh yeah, because they've been sweeping all before them recently...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we can sign someone like Bissouma to play alongside Partey next season and relegate Xhaka to warming the bench.

I don't seem him being sold unfortunately as we're likely to lose all our other centre mids (Ceballos, Elneny, Torreira and Guendouzi) and I don't think it's realistic to sign 3 new centre mids. Maybe 1 plus Ceballos if we can do a deal for him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we can sign someone like Bissouma to play alongside Partey next season and relegate Xhaka to warming the half time snacks.
    FYP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That first handball has to be a pen based on previous decisions this season. Wouldn't be against it changing in the future as it's played at point blank range, but that's not the point.

Don't know if all fans say this about their team, but we really have no luck whatsoever with the VAR decisions.
    didnt we only get a VAR decision go for us last week. all this exciting football just blurs into one long long season