User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Spuds (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chucked fortunes down the drain on Pepe and Partey. They may have their moments, but the rest of it is dire. The lad from Real is a good player though. And Tierney and ESR are proper players. Only saw it from 70 mins but Laca looked decent enough in the bit I saw. But Partey and Pepe are real liabilities. You just know the play is gojng to break down when they get the ball. They're not terrible players, neither is Xhaka, they are just so ordinary and unremarkable. Amazing to think they are playing at this level when they can't even pass a ball 5 yards, under no pressure, without giving it away.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mourinho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smith Rowe and Tierney were brilliant today, dominated that side of the pitch. Odegaard is also starting to look the business. Nice to see Gabriel getting his early season form back as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Son can play well without Kane. kane without Son is a Reliant Robin. Basically only good for 1 thing: Moving in a straight line
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Chucked fortunes down the drain on Pepe and Partey. They may have their moments, but the rest of it is dire. The lad from Real is a good player though. And Tierney and ESR are proper players. Only saw it from 70 mins but Laca looked decent enough in the bit I saw. But Partey and Pepe are real liabilities. You just know the play is gojng to break down when they get the ball. They're not terrible players, neither is Xhaka, they are just so ordinary and unremarkable. Amazing to think they are playing at this level when they can't even pass a ball 5 yards, under no pressure, without giving it away.
    Xhaka only made about 5 mistakes which for him is bordering on being brilliant. Smart managers just need to rile him up and we will soon be down to an actual 10 players, except when Willian is already on , when we are down to 9
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Agree on this one. I'll give Partey the benefit of the doubt in that I think he can get better and that it's a confidence thing. Pepe I'm hoping will all of a sudden have a transition and become the trickiest and most lethal finisher in Europe.

We look a couple of poor passes and the odd mistake away from an embarrassing defeat or a good hiding from a quality team. Still not getting Arteta as to who or what his puzzling tactics are at times. Taking off players looking good and replacing them with players who on the face of it are determined to lose the game doesn't help. Arsene when he had it in him would have set us up to hit them on the counter. Christ knows what he told our subs to do. It's a win against Spurs for the first time in a good while but I'm not feeling anything anymore.
    Last edited by Slacker; 14-03-2021 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Son can play well without Kane. kane without Son is a Reliant Robin. Basically only good for 1 thing: Moving in a straight line
    Hes also quite good at getting away with snidey fouls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Partey just hasn’t got the pace of the game yet, and I think he looks a little short of fitness.

He’s doing some good things, I think there’s a decent player there.

Pepe is frustrating. Proved he has the pace over that piece of shit left back, so why not knock it past him. He has decent feet, and the guy was on a yellow.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Xhaka only made about 5 mistakes which for him is bordering on being brilliant. Smart managers just need to rile him up and we will soon be down to an actual 10 players, except when Willian is already on , when we are down to 9
    I just don't get how a professional footballer (and let's face it, if they were in the back yard doing keepie-uppies they'd look like worldies) can have time, space, a view of what's around him - and still give the ball away. Surely that's the most basic of absolute basic skills? Then 2 minutes later they play a 50 yarder to feet. It's some sort of sloppiness in their character.

At least Pepe is trying to go forward now, I suppose, instead of playing with his back to goal and just laying it off. One day he may even beat his man. He never pushes it and tries to use his pace. He always waits until the defender is set up, instead of on the back foot. Surely Arteta can see that? Just tell him to push it on and run. Even Theo knew how to do that.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Partey just hasn’t got the pace of the game yet, and I think he looks a little short of fitness.

He’s doing some good things, I think there’s a decent player there.

Pepe is frustrating. Proved he has the pace over that piece of shit left back, so why not knock it past him. He has decent feet, and the guy was on a yellow.
    Exactly. The game's begging for him to do that. Then the defence is in panic mode and other players can take advantage. I mean, like football used to be played. What is this new stuff where you play 503 passes to get into the opposition box then turn you back and hit a long ball back to the keeper? What's that all about?
    Für eure Sicherheit