User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match reaction vs. West Ham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like to unnecessarily criticise players but my word, Aubameyang has been truly awful for some time now. I'm starting to wish he'd left last summer and we'd just persevered with Lacazette up front.
    Anyone know why our best CB wasn't playing? David Luiz must be Arteta's lovechild.
    Odegaard has been in the team less than 2 months and he is already bossing our midfield, let's hope Real Madrid haven't been paying attention to our games lately.
    Extra shooting practise for Thomas Partey, I think one of his efforts landed in my back garden and I live in Hertfordshire!
    Last edited by WGC Goon; 23-03-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta's constant tinkering with formations and players positions is becoming a major issue for me. That first half an hour was arguably the worst I have seen us play all season and that is saying something, it was totally unacceptable.

The fightback was good, but again...we left ourselves far too much to do and are forever tinkering with player positions and formations etc.

Yesterday was a classic Arsenal performance, from the ridiculous to the sublime.

As others have said, I thought Odegaard was superb 2nd half, he completely ran the game and has become an integral part of our team now, almost a leader. Arteta better have some long term plan in place, because if we don't secure the signing of Odegaard we will be a lot worse off quality wise as a team.
    Last edited by selassie; 22-03-2021 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Odegaard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Arteta's constant tinkering with formations and players positions is becoming a major issue for me. That first half an hour was arguably the worst I have seen us play all season and that is saying something, it was totally unacceptable.
    Maybe he's just trying things. Let's face it, the league season is basically over for us. We're not qualifying for Europe through league position.
    So if he wants to run some experiments then I'm OK with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Maybe he's just trying things. Let's face it, the league season is basically over for us. We're not qualifying for Europe through league position.
    So if he wants to run some experiments then I'm OK with that.
    sorry but moving Saka out of what's demonstrably his best position and moving Auba to a side where he's even worse than on the left isn't any kind of 'experiment' it's just rank stupidity - plus he's already tried it before against Citeh and it didn't work then either

i think it's Arteta playing silly buggers with another of his old bosses, like he does when he swapped things around against Pep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76;4539297[B
    ][/B]sorry but moving Saka out of what's demonstrably his best position and moving Auba to a side where he's even worse than on the left isn't any kind of 'experiment' it's just rank stupidity - plus he's already tried it before against Citeh and it didn't work then either

i think it's Arteta playing silly buggers with another of his old bosses, like he does when he swapped things around against Pep
    Yep, totally agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    sorry but moving Saka out of what's demonstrably his best position and moving Auba to a side where he's even worse than on the left isn't any kind of 'experiment' it's just rank stupidity - plus he's already tried it before against Citeh and it didn't work then either

He basically trying to find a way to fit Aubameyang in the team. He really didn't want to play him, me thinks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    He basically trying to find a way to fit Aubameyang in the team. He really didn't want to play him, me thinks
    He did the same with Ozil.
    Für eure Sicherheit