User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you feel as you get older you care less?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Like 95% of Arsenal fans I couldn't get tickets to Paris so watched in a bar on Holloway Road
    I was one of the lucky ones and as much as the result hurt, I will always feel privileged to have been there. Got chatting to a family next to me during it, they had a kid who started crying at 2-1. I said to them that sure, it's upsetting and his mates at school might take the piss a bit but have they gone abroad to see their club in a CL Final? Have they balls.

One of my abiding memories of that game though - and this relates to the money, corporate sponsorship etc. There was the Barca end, a sea of their colours. Our end was a sea of yellow. The whole middle section of the stadium, at least half the crowd, was a sea of corporate grey. On the Eurostar (thanks, daz!) home the next day got talking to a Chelsea fan who had been there - he told us he went every year through corporate connections. Good for him, I guess. But how many fans couldn't get there because of people like him? Not his fault of course, but it's part of what has ruined football for many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I was one of the lucky ones and as much as the result hurt, I will always feel privileged to have been there. Got chatting to a family next to me during it, they had a kid who started crying at 2-1. I said to them that sure, it's upsetting and his mates at school might take the piss a bit but have they gone abroad to see their club in a CL Final? Have they balls.

One of my abiding memories of that game though - and this relates to the money, corporate sponsorship etc. There was the Barca end, a sea of their colours. Our end was a sea of yellow. The whole middle section of the stadium, at least half the crowd, was a sea of corporate grey. On the Eurostar (thanks, daz!) home the next day got talking to a Chelsea fan who had been there - he told us he went every year through corporate connections. Good for him, I guess. But how many fans couldn't get there because of people like him? Not his fault of course, but it's part of what has ruined football for many.
    Jeez - how depressing! And it will be worse now, I'm sure. Eg who can forget our Europa League final in bloody Baku (I lie - I've so forgotten that!). That is surely the crux of our growing disconnect with the game. Money just isn't that exciting...unless you have it yourself, of course
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I care, but I'm nowhere near as invested in the team as I was a few seasons back. I switched off the game after Jota's opening goal yesterday, it was obvious the game was over and I'd seen enough.

We are where we are. I'm not even that invested in the Europa this season if I am being brutally honest. If we somehow luck our way to a Europa league win, we are nowhere near ready to do anything of note in CL, in fact I think we wouldn't even make it out of a CL group with this current lot, we are way below CL standard these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Amen to that, brother
    Back to this one

I was so annoyed when Son scored the Scum's winner last night, the air was bright blue! My wife said "Why are you swearing? It is not Arsenal playing". My mood was fucked for the evening. I sulked internally like a five year old. I am 53.

The point is, my hatred for S*urs has overtaken my love for Arsenal. That is probably not healthy. Is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Back to this one

I was so annoyed when Son scored the Scum's winner last night, the air was bright blue! My wife said "Why are you swearing? It is not Arsenal playing". My mood was fucked for the evening. I sulked internally like a five year old. I am 53.

The point is, my hatred for S*urs has overtaken my love for Arsenal. That is probably not healthy. Is it?
    but it sounds as though you were watching spuds - why do that? if they win you don't want to see it - if they lose you can do what I do and enjoy it on MOTD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to this one

Ha! We used to mock the Spuds for their obsession with us, and celebrate St Totteringham's day each season. Is this how the mighty have fallen? - But yes, the scond most important league result for me is always Sp*rs, and it is annoying when they win...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    but it sounds as though you were watching spuds - why do that? if they win you don't want to see it - if they lose you can do what I do and enjoy it on MOTD
    Never watch them live, I just cant do it.

My Gooner mates and my Son were texting me the updates / scores. I thought it had finished 1-1, and then dreaded text came through, 90th minute penalty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never watch them live, I just cant do it.

My Gooner mates and my Son were texting me the updates / scores. I thought it had finished 1-1, and then dreaded text came through, 90th minute penalty
    ah ok, i must admit i've sometimes made the mistake of checking the latest scores and seeing they're drawing aand then they get a winner it's a real downer...