Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
Like 95% of Arsenal fans I couldn't get tickets to Paris so watched in a bar on Holloway Road
I was one of the lucky ones and as much as the result hurt, I will always feel privileged to have been there. Got chatting to a family next to me during it, they had a kid who started crying at 2-1. I said to them that sure, it's upsetting and his mates at school might take the piss a bit but have they gone abroad to see their club in a CL Final? Have they balls.

One of my abiding memories of that game though - and this relates to the money, corporate sponsorship etc. There was the Barca end, a sea of their colours. Our end was a sea of yellow. The whole middle section of the stadium, at least half the crowd, was a sea of corporate grey. On the Eurostar (thanks, daz!) home the next day got talking to a Chelsea fan who had been there - he told us he went every year through corporate connections. Good for him, I guess. But how many fans couldn't get there because of people like him? Not his fault of course, but it's part of what has ruined football for many.