User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Liverpool (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Difficult to be objective after witnessing that.

The way I feel ATM is that we have to face facts. Arteta has been given every opportunity to show us who he is. And what he is is a promising young coach who could be good if he cuts his teeth properly. But his inexperience is directly reflected in the complete inconsistency that his team has showed us - and in the decisions that he has taken. It is extraordinary that he could have found himself as not only coach, but manager of a team of Arsenal's stature, and having been one of those who gave him the benefit of the doubt, I am afraid that I no longer believe that he even has the capacity to get us back into the top 4. This is not a knee jerk, and its not even about being 9th after the majority of the season has played out. Its about the decision making; the mentality of his players and the lack of the one thing that I wanted to see most of all - an identity that runs through whatever team and whatever personnel that take the field.

The limited successes that we have had seem increasingly to be down to chance - and the brilliance of certain players at certain times - than any real plan. Tonight has been humbling and disillusioning, and I think I've lost the faith. Where we go from here fuck knows.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I do a

AnYoNe WoUlD bE bEtTeR tHaN wEnGeR?

No?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only Godsend thing is we'll never be a mid table club. Some people need to get a grip and stop exaggerating about stuff like that. Poor old Zim, eh? Saw the writing on the wall - read it - got shot to shit for stating what was obvious.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger is at the root of all of this. He destroyed every aspect of the club. Every move he made in the later years baked failure into our fibre. We've had a so-called winning manager and a rookie manager and neither of them could make a dent in the shit pile Wenger slaved to create. The next guy won't make any impact either. Wenger ensured everything was catastrophic before he eventually fucked off.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were never a mid table team till someone left.
    And the season after he left we got 70 points, a few points off 3rd and got to the Europa League final.
    So spare me the nonsense about what a terrible squad we were left with.
    Things really fell apart under Emery. I don’t know if Arteta is the right person to sort it out. There have been some encouraging signs but we are bang mid table.
    He always felt like a gamble. I’m not sure replacing him now is going to do much good though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Wenger is at the root of all of this. He destroyed every aspect of the club. Every move he made in the later years baked failure into our fibre. We've had a so-called winning manager and a rookie manager and neither of them could make a dent in the shit pile Wenger slaved to create. The next guy won't make any impact either. Wenger ensured everything was catastrophic before he eventually fucked off.
    The later years when we won 3 FA Cups in 4 years? Those ones?
    You were the one saying that anyone would be better than Wenger.
    And you said that when Wenger left you’d be expecting a title challenge in 2 years.
    Now it’s all “well of course no one else could do better”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And there it is. The excuses. Passing the buck. Refusing to accept that under the great man himself there were plenty of people saying we were going to end up a mid-table team if somebody didn't step up and put the incompetent out of his misery. But he dragged on for years and that's where the damage was done. That's where the soul of a competitive team was ripped out. It's odd that people were saying it at the time - myself included - and it has come to pass EXACTLY as predicted.

Must be a coincidence. Couldn't possibly be anything else.

When things are predicted and work out exactly as predicted, it can't possibly be because it was always so predictable. It must be down to something, anything else. A lucky guess? Based on that shitty sideways tip-tap, do nothing, go nowhere shitball that Wenger trademarked?

Tip tap. Tip Tap.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only Godsend thing is we'll never be a mid table club. Some people need to get a grip and stop exaggerating about stuff like that. Poor old Zim, eh? Saw the writing on the wall - read it - got shot to shit for stating what was obvious.
    Yes. Zim, the wise seer

Zim (and others) 2006: We’ll be a mid table size if Wenger doesn’t leave.
    Rinse and repeat every year.

Fast forward to 2021: Aha! See! Told you so!

And note, the slide to mid-table has happened after he left.
    I’ve noted above how we did the season after, we were well placed to push on for top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like the car going off a cliff. If the driver keeps his foot on the pedal and then leaps out at the last moment, don't be blaming him for the fireball. Blame the people left in the car. Makes perfect sense.

Decline always happens instantly, never by stages. If somebody takes something good and fucks it up but rides the inertia, they are a hero and the fucker who stumbles through the wreckage afterwards is to blame. Provided the culprit is never blamed all is well.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's odd that people were saying it at the time - myself included - and it has come to pass EXACTLY as predicted.

Must be a coincidence. Couldn't possibly be anything else.
    You literally said that a new manager coming in should have us challenging for the title in 2 years...

Do you want me to find the post? Stop pretending you had a crystal ball, you said anyone would be an immediate improvement on Wenger and we should be challenging in 2 years