User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Liverpool (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Arteta has a worse record after 50 games than Emery & Wenger’s last 50. It is only goals conceded where we’ve improved, however that is offset by a huge downturn in goals scored, we’re a poor attacking side now and constantly fire blanks.

We finished 8th last year after a season of huge disruption, that was the free pass. If you told anyone then we wouldn’t better that this year it would have been deemed a huge failure.

If by some miracle we win the EL then of course we can look to move on to better things but I don’t see how we’re ever going to really improve without finding some consistency in the league again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Arteta went into this match scared of Liverpool he's even said they're better in every department (great way to inspire your players) , if your manager doesn't have faith in you
    Every team in the league would have given Liverpool a game. Except for us.

Arteta is lucky there are no fans and also he seems to be a nice guy with a lot of pals within the game and media. It’s basically why Ole still has a job at United, although at least he’s got them competing higher up the table.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 04-04-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    So Arteta has a worse record after 50 games than Emery & Wenger’s last 50. It is only goals conceded where we’ve improved, however that is offset by a huge downturn in goals scored, we’re a poor attacking side now and constantly fire blanks.
    That’s pretty damning.
    Auba is a big factor, having spent 2 seasons bailing us out he’s been awful this season.
    Another player who, having got his big pay day, mentally checks out?

Personally I think we might as well stick with Arteta now.
    But if next season starts poorly we should look elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That’s pretty damning.
    Auba is a big factor, having spent 2 seasons bailing us out he’s been awful this season.
    Another player who, having got his big pay day, mentally checks out?

Personally I think we might as well stick with Arteta now.
    But if next season starts poorly we should look elsewhere.
    i'm not sure i agree with sticking with him though i'm sure we will

there's so many things that could be done better - team selections, tactics, squads, rotation, in-game management - he's learning on the job but stubborn with it, which holds up his development and i still think we should look to someone with more experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Forgot it was on, couldn’t be bothered to watch and only just seen the score.

Arteta.

Not many excuses left for him really. There are teams and coaches who had a worse starting position than us yet have made many more strides forward. David fucking Moyes has West Ham dreaming of a top 4 finish while we’re supposed to accept that we’re mid table shit because we were already crap before Arteta turned up?

If he was any good there would have been a difference in league performance by now but there hasn’t been anything. We are arguably worse.
    There isn't even a need to over analyse.

Anyone who has followed us this season and had the misfortune of watching us yesterday will know clealry that the Rookie is not for us.

He is bog standard coach and needs to go, simple.

To think he and Emery were the first 2 choices on the list to replace AW shows how far this club sunk under the stewardship of the latter.

Kronke, the terrible board that sold the club to him, his accomplice AW and foolish AW loyalist are all responsible for this dross.

We need a proven world class coach ASAP and we have had many chances to correct the mistakes we've made and rid ourselves of this wretched mentality we currently have.

Sack Arteta, end of.

Selling the club to someone who actually gives a hoot and loves the game would also be a massive plus
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 04-04-2021 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i'm not sure i agree with sticking with him though i'm sure we will

there's so many things that could be done better - team selections, tactics, squads, rotation, in-game management - he's learning on the job but stubborn with it, which holds up his development and i still think we should look to someone with more experience
    I’m not sure I agree either
    I keep changing my mind, but right now I don’t see much value in replacing him. At times it seems like he’s been taking us in the right direction and given us more shape. Overall though the results have been patchy. There’s certainly a case to be made to replace him. But Emery was “the experienced manager” and that didn’t work out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no words for that display (if you want to call it that) last night. A complete horror show from start to finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we are now 10th but on the plus side we only play two teams above us and the bottom 5.so i am sure we will finish well and everything will look rosy until next season starts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    we are now 10th but on the plus side we only play two teams above us and the bottom 5.so i am sure we will finish well and everything will look rosy until next season starts.
    Thing is, even if we “go on a run”, the gap is such we are unlikely to finish higher.
    10th or 11th seems likely which is pretty pathetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Thing is, even if we “go on a run”, the gap is such we are unlikely to finish higher.
    10th or 11th seems likely which is pretty pathetic.
    10th or 11th is pathetic and there can be no excuses. Arteta probably has about 10 games at the start of next season and see where we are. i dont see us as a top 4 side but we need to recruit the way liverpool did, sell a player for alot of invest it well