Difficult to be objective after witnessing that.

The way I feel ATM is that we have to face facts. Arteta has been given every opportunity to show us who he is. And what he is is a promising young coach who could be good if he cuts his teeth properly. But his inexperience is directly reflected in the complete inconsistency that his team has showed us - and in the decisions that he has taken. It is extraordinary that he could have found himself as not only coach, but manager of a team of Arsenal's stature, and having been one of those who gave him the benefit of the doubt, I am afraid that I no longer believe that he even has the capacity to get us back into the top 4. This is not a knee jerk, and its not even about being 9th after the majority of the season has played out. Its about the decision making; the mentality of his players and the lack of the one thing that I wanted to see most of all - an identity that runs through whatever team and whatever personnel that take the field.

The limited successes that we have had seem increasingly to be down to chance - and the brilliance of certain players at certain times - than any real plan. Tonight has been humbling and disillusioning, and I think I've lost the faith. Where we go from here fuck knows.