User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Slavia Prague (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the need for patience but this team is so incredibly average, I find it hard to believe a better coach couldn’t get more out of them. If no one can do a better job than Arteta then we’ve really hit rock bottom.

There is no process to buy in to, all I see is a rookie coach cutting his teeth with a squad of disinterested players using Arsenal as easy street. I would honestly have no issue if the majority of them were sold. There’s only 5 or 6 players worth a dime here.

I suppose we just have to keep telling ourselves there are seeds of potential and what not. Even though results and performances tell a completely different story as they have done all season bar 6 weeks after Christmas.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 08-04-2021 at 11:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve hopped on and off the “Arteta Out” bandwagon a few times this season, but right now I’m on it.
    Not just about last night although that was a pathetic performance, there’s a pattern of poor performances. Arteta does talk a good game and at times there does seem to be more shape about the team but overall it all adds up to a team with no discernible progress and Arteta has no pedigree as a manager which earns him some patience. It always felt like a gamble and it doesn’t look like it has paid off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we bomb out of the Europa next week there will be a sharper focus on our dismal league position. I always expected him to be given next season as well, but not so sure now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’ve hopped on and off the “Arteta Out” bandwagon a few times this season, but right now I’m on it.
    Not just about last night although that was a pathetic performance, there’s a pattern of poor performances. Arteta does talk a good game and at times there does seem to be more shape about the team but overall it all adds up to a team with no discernible progress and Arteta has no pedigree as a manager which earns him some patience. It always felt like a gamble and it doesn’t look like it has paid off.
    I agree, and I am also on the "Arteta Out" bandwagon.

The problem is, I cannot see the board sacking him so early (too embarrrassing for them to let another Manager go). In addition, who would we go after to replace Arteta and who would actually want to come to this stink hole?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Alas yes. I said on the Liverpool reaction thread that that game encapsulated the fundamental flaws in Arteta's management, and this was more of the same. I'm afraid that the evidence at this point is that Arteta = Emery. And we know how that ended...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, did we have a game?

Guessing it lacked little bit sharpness.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't even be bothered to moan anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WGC Goon View Post
    Can't even be bothered to moan anymore